What's new

Barber shop fragrence

whats the name of that nice aftershave or colonge thats used in the barbershop that you always smell of when you come out of a barber shop?

The barber I used to visit always used Bay Rum after he used his str8 to shave your neck, sideburns and around the ears. Decided to give him a call last week and found out that he still gives str8 shaves for $7.00! I will be showing up at his shop this wednesday after I get off call from the hospital...

Booster's Polar Ice, it smells and looks like the stuff barbers use and it only costs $7 a bottle.
In fact, I think it is the same stuff but only in smaller bottles. I picked it up at TBBS ([SIZE=-1]Toronto Barber & Beauty Supply[/SIZE]), who supply barbers in my area.

Drew said:
For me it's Pinaud Clubman

Me too! My barber turned me onto the tub of clubman hair gel, the aftershave, the powder.

He also has the Lustray stuff menthol...

Nitrox said:
Booster's Polar Ice, it smells and looks like the stuff barbers use and it only costs $7 a bottle.
In fact, I think it is the same stuff but only in smaller bottles. I picked it up at TBBS ([SIZE=-1]Toronto Barber & Beauty Supply[/SIZE]), who supply barbers in my area.

Nitrox - you should try the JM Fraser shaving cream that they sell at TBBS - $10 for a 450ml tub (equivalent to three tubs of Taylors). There is a review in the shaving cream review section.

Also, the Aquarius is pretty good - smells similar to Clubman.

Suzuki said:
Nitrox - you should try the JM Fraser shaving cream that they sell at TBBS - $10 for a 450ml tub (equivalent to three tubs of Taylors). There is a review in the shaving cream review section.

Also, the Aquarius is pretty good - smells similar to Clubman.

I have used the Fraser's cream in the past and liked it, although I have not used it in a while.
I have to check the Aquarius, I don't remember seeing it when I went there last.
They do have the regular Clubman and I love it very much.
There are other Booster's scents and they are of very high quality. Booster's is a very old Canadian company that has been supplying barbers for many, many years.

Top Bottom