What's new

Barbasol (yellow can) with lanolin: not bad

lately, when i'd don't have a lot of time, but still want an ATG smoothness, i've been reaching for this canned goo.

I just apply a thin layer and then go at it, trying to forget what i was using. I have say; Not bad, not bad at all.

I'm not gonna say that it's equal in feel or shave quality to a higher end product, but my typical 4+ passes yeilded a very high-end DFS with no irritation or weepers.

Not bad, not bad

It hit and miss finding it sometimes but like the Arctic Chill and the Classic version it gives you a quick solid shave.

The green (aloe) and purple (extra moisturizing) are pretty good canned products too. Purple claims to have vitamin E and I can see "lanolin oil" on the ingredients list. I can't really say whether or not it's better than the green, but it's definitely superior to the blue (pacific rush).

I'm a fan of both barbasol and foamy brands in general and use them both frequently.

I first apply a light runny layer and work it in with my fingers really well then apply a second thicker layer. This allows me to still get the great cushion from the foam but also have a slick layer underneath.

I have been thinking about trying it for some time but I have so many good soap sticks and pucks I just can't bring myself to buy it.

I use Barbasol often - works well for me. Usually I have the red can but I've used all of them with success.

If you really want to pump up Barbasol or any canned foam/goo; try mixing a little Cremo into it in a bowl or mug. I use Barbasol from time to time and it works well, although I find that it dries out my skin; no matter which formulation Ive tried.

Top Bottom