What's new

Baratza Maestro Opinions

Update:

Since getting the better beans, this has worked out perfectly!
Thank god I have all of this coffee stuff now. I have insomnia anyway plus a morning job which is why I was breaking myself buying the stuff daily. Today however, was much worse. I had a flare-up of the insomnia and wound up getting to sleep around 6:45 AM.

My alarm goes of at 7:45.....

Mocha Java to the rescue :tongue_sm

So, is this the one to get? --My Starbucks Barista has suddenlyy and without warning come to the end of its long and useful life, and must be replaced post-haste. I am going to order one of these right now if no one stops me!

So, is this the one to get? --My Starbucks Barista has suddenlyy and without warning come to the end of its long and useful life, and must be replaced post-haste. I am going to order one of these right now if no one stops me!

I've had mine for a couple weeks now and really like it.

Disclaimer: I brew drip and French press only at the moment. That being said, when I do get an espresso machine, I'm going to throw caution to wind, crank 'er down to -20, and grind away. We'll see what happens with that...total espresso shot pulling newbie, low(er) grade machine, and a Maestro. This could only end well. :rolleyes:

Get the Virtuoso instead!

I thought the Maestro was what the Starbucks burr grinder was based on, no? So isn't the Starbucks Barista basically the Maestro with/without an option or two? Not sure why I'm thinking that. Perhaps it was on the Baratza website.

I thought the Maestro was what the Starbucks burr grinder was based on, no? So isn't the Starbucks Barista basically the Maestro with/without an option or two? Not sure why I'm thinking that. Perhaps it was on the Baratza website.

AFAIK originally yes, but not anymore.

The Starbucks burr grinder used to be a rebranded Solis 166/Maestro. Baratza had the North American rights to Solis and made and sold the grinders to SB and also sold them under the Solis name. Not sure what changed, but Baratza now sells the grinders under their own name; hence the Baratza Maestro.

SB has now moved to selling rebranded Saeco products so the grinder is now a rebranded Saeco Titan.

Top Bottom