What's new

Bang bang!! Coffee grinds waste bin

Iv been looking into getting a bang bang (grind waste bin) but wanted to know if there are any good quality ones. I like the sunbeam version and iv have a look on eBay but they all look cheap and very breakable, any recommendations for the home (needs to look nice on the counter) And be solid I’m sick of using the edge of the bin.

We arent coffee drinkers but have a small stainless compost bin that resembles an antique trash canister. It has a charcoal filter in the lid and receives our tea grounds and fruit and veggie trimmings before being taken to the compost pile for processing.

...at about 10” tall x 8” dia., would this work for you. (Bed Bath and Beyond)

231076FE-4B1D-4469-B894-BEE345B04B5C.jpeg

Last edited:
I cant have a mess on the counter, wife wouldnt want it. that is why I have an oracle, grind , tamp, voila!

When I take out the portafilter after a shot, I use a large table spoon and scoop it in the kitchen barrel, paper towel wipes it out and is ready for another shot.
If you let it sit for all day( after last shot) then it is a little harder to poke out, clean it every night.
It has not been a problem, i am the only one using it. no mess, all are happy.
Another item on the counter making a mess , no way.

Starbucks knock box (believe it or not).

Small, sturdy, stainless. I have 2 of them (different locations).

proxy.php

For auto drip and other (no bang) coffee, a large plastic Folgers can that gets dumped in the flower bed when full.

Last edited:
We arent coffee drinkers but have a small stainless compost bin that resembles an antique trash canister. It has a charcoal filter in the lid and receives our tea grounds and fruit and veggie trimmings before being taken to the compost pile for processing.

...at about 10” tall x 8” dia., would this work for you. (Bed Bath and Beyond)

View attachment 1057129
That sort of looks like and ice bucket but doesn’t have the cross bar so it sorta mean I ether have to scrape or tap on the side

Starbucks knock box (believe it or not).

Small, sturdy, stainless. I have 2 of them (different locations).

proxy.php

For auto drip and other (no bang) coffee, a large plastic Folgers can that gets dumped in the flower bed when full.
How much did you pay? (I should have said I’m in aus so I need to be able get it in aus)

It was made for Starbucks by someone. Look for the style. They are small but well built.

I got my 2 from thrift stores. Luck.

I recently got a "Better Homes & Gardens Flip-Tite Square Container" but have not used it yet as I want to get something to wrap or decorate the exterior so that it looks better sitting out on the counter. It comes in different sizes so one can chose the one that fits their counter top and coffee/food waste needs. I liked the lid, which is easy to open or lock down depending on the need. The only downside is that it would not function as a knock box.
proxy.php

I would think that this one would work. As a bonus it is large enough you wouldn't have to empty it out more than once a day.
knockbox.jpg

23 gallons - available on amazon and other places. :lol:

Ruckin (hates emptying the knock box...)

I recently got a "Better Homes & Gardens Flip-Tite Square Container" but have not used it yet as I want to get something to wrap or decorate the exterior so that it looks better sitting out on the counter. It comes in different sizes so one can chose the one that fits their counter top and coffee/food waste needs. I liked the lid, which is easy to open or lock down depending on the need. The only downside is that it would not function as a knock box.
proxy.php
Only issue I have is there plastic if I tap the groups head on that it will shatter

Top Bottom