What's new

Balin's Brushes, Blades and Assorted Baloney!

SOTD:
Lush Kalamazoo face and beard wash
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
RR GC .84 SB
Minora SS 1
Shavemac D01 Silvertip 22/46 Flat
1000005863.jpg

Rating 4/5 Comfortable DFS

I have been stuck in a bit of a Wolfman rut lately ( not that it is a bad thing 😄 ) so I thought I would take my Game Changer for a spin. I prefer open combs but this was a nice Change ( small badaboom 🤣 ). The Game changer delivered a nice mild shave with minimal Alum or aftershave feed back. I don't know if was a function of the blade or the razor. I am going to keep using the Game Changer all week as I need to brush up on my skills here. I mainly rode the cap but I can improve for tomorrow as there was just a little too much stubble to pick up after the first pass.

I haven't used my Shavemac Flat top for a while so it got the nod for today. It was a delight to use. It feels a little less dense and a little softer than my shavemac fans, but it still has enough scrub for 2 day growth!

My horoscope for today courtesy of Co-Star:
1000005864.jpg

Now I have the stars aligned with me, along with all my B&B buddies. Please forgive the image, lol I have no clue why that shows up.

Cheers.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
RR GC .84 SB
Minora SS 1
Shavemac D01 Silvertip 22/46 Flat
View attachment 1846309
Rating 4/5 Comfortable DFS

I have been stuck in a bit of a Wolfman rut lately ( not that it is a bad thing 😄 ) so I thought I would take my Game Changer for a spin. I prefer open combs but this was a nice Change ( small badaboom 🤣 ). The Game changer delivered a nice mild shave with minimal Alum or aftershave feed back. I don't know if was a function of the blade or the razor. I am going to keep using the Game Changer all week as I need to brush up on my skills here. I mainly rode the cap but I can improve for tomorrow as there was just a little too much stubble to pick up after the first pass.

I haven't used my Shavemac Flat top for a while so it got the nod for today. It was a delight to use. It feels a little less dense and a little softer than my shavemac fans, but it still has enough scrub for 2 day growth!

My horoscope for today courtesy of Co-Star:
View attachment 1846321
Now I have the stars aligned with me, along with all my B&B buddies. Please forgive the image, lol I have no clue why that shows up.

Cheers.
The vintage thin handle works great on the Game Changer.

SOTD:
Proraso white preshave
Merrow of Clare Soap/AS
RR GC .84 SB
Minora SS 2
Chubby 2 2 band
1000005876.jpg

Rating Comfortable BBS 5/5

I don't often push for BBS but today I had ample lather and was not completely pleased with how the razor and blade combo handled my jaw line so I added a half pass with a little buffing. The alum and aftershave feedback was within acceptable limits and BBS was achieved. I wonder for how long though. Regrowth was noticeable after 6 hours yesterday.

Today was a bit of a lazy day at work and I am struggling to keep motivated but its hump day. It looks like my 2 big projects will finish up in June, but it means I may have to work the last weekend for a company that just sacked me. Its a bit of a pisser. On the bright side I am getting leads for new work. Lol, even my ex-wife is pitching in sending me job postings from the hospital she works in 🤷‍♂️. Its not like I am paying child support or alimony any more. Ok that may have been a bit too jaded 🤣.

I did a little day dreaming today too, researching retiring abroad. I checked out the Philippines, Portugal and Ecuador. I must not get side tracked tomorrow 🤣 .

Cheers!

Top Bottom