What's new

Balea MEN After Shave Balsam ultra sensitive

IMG_20211222_115327.jpgIMG_20211222_115308.jpg

I am not a fan of balms, I have oily/mixed skin, struggled a lot with acne in my teen years, and even now my skin can be sensitive and I can get the occasional pimples if I use something that does not agree with my skin.

But with the temperatures dropping here, the stuff above is pretty good! Basically, it contains glycerin, capric/caprylic triglyceride (some less greasy fatty acids of coconut oil), shea butter, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate (a form of Vitamin E), and allantoin.

It does not feel heavy or greasy on the face, but it may give you a slightly glossy finish (depending on the dosage).

I have 2 of these in stock. currently still using the darker blue Q10 variant. Dirt cheap at drug stores in Germany!

I have 2 of these in stock. currently still using the darker blue Q10 variant. Dirt cheap at drug stores in Germany!
I haven't tried that one, but yes, and the variety is pretty insane too.

If one takes also into account all the care creams (Pflegecremen), facial toners (Gesichtswasser), face creams (Gesichtscremen), and even body lotions/milks that can be used as aftershaves, the options are in the 100s.

Sometimes I used this body milk that I have lying around as a night cream of some sort.
IMG_20210119_220428(1).jpg

Does it offer some calming for irritatated skin? For example Nivea sensitive aftershaves both balm and lotion calm Down my redness. This is cheaper but I'm hesitant, I don't want to use it Once and never pick it up again if it will do me no good.

Does it offer some calming for irritatated skin? For example Nivea sensitive aftershaves both balm and lotion calm Down my redness. This is cheaper but I'm hesitant, I don't want to use it Once and never pick it up again if it will do me no good.
Yes, it is pretty good, although I have never tried Nivea to tell you how it compares.

It seems that this product got a significant upgrade, which I sadly haven't tried yet!

The new ingredients list is as follows:
Aqua, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behenyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3 Dicitrate/Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Gossypium Herbaceum Seed Extract, Allantoin, Propylene Glycol, Gellan Gum, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Decylene Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

Basically, all the goodies from the previous formulation are retained (glycerin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, shea butter, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, allantoin) and we also get aloe, bisabolol, and cotton seed extract. In addition, the new formulation is alcohol free! Price tag remains at 2.95 euros.

It seems that this product got a significant upgrade, which I sadly haven't tried yet!

The new ingredients list is as follows:

Basically, all the goodies from the previous formulation are retained (glycerin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, shea butter, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, allantoin) and we also get aloe, bisabolol, and cotton seed extract. In addition, the new formulation is alcohol free! Price tag remains at 2.95 euros.
After a long wait (for some reason it only recently became available in my local dm store), I got to try this new formulation.

I have been using a liberal amount of it and it gets absorbed by the skin really well. After a good night's sleep, the skin feels soft and has a nice glow to it.

The aloe juice might give you a bit of a slight burn, but in a balm it does not really bother me.

View attachment 1382385View attachment 1382387

I am not a fan of balms, I have oily/mixed skin, struggled a lot with acne in my teen years, and even now my skin can be sensitive and I can get the occasional pimples if I use something that does not agree with my skin.

But with the temperatures dropping here, the stuff above is pretty good! Basically, it contains glycerin, capric/caprylic triglyceride (some less greasy fatty acids of coconut oil), shea butter, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate (a form of Vitamin E), and allantoin.

It does not feel heavy or greasy on the face, but it may give you a slightly glossy finish (depending on the dosage).

that's pretty crazy to name a product 'ultra sensitive' but the second ingredient listed on the label is alcohol. haha

Top Bottom