What's new

New version of the Nivea sensitive balm?

I came across the following product:
237019-2.jpg

I'm not sure whether this product will be available worldwide. There are some differences in the ingredients compared to the original sensitive aftershave balm.

Ultra comfort:

Aqua, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Panthenol, Glycyrrhiza Inflata Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Tapioca Starch, Triceteareth-4 Phosphate, Sodium Carbomer, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol, Piroctone Olamine, Linalool

Original:

Aqua, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hamamelis Virginiana Bark/Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Tapioca Starch, Triceteareth-4 Phosphate, Sodium Carbomer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, Piroctone Olamine, Parfum

Does anyone here have experience with this product? Other thoughts?

The most common are the Nivea Original, Sensitive and Sensitive Cooling Balms. I think the description and ingredients changes slightly depending on where you live. For example, it is the Nivea Original Replenishing Balm in the USA and Nivea Protect & Care Moisturizing Balm in the Netherlands. It is the Sensitive Cooling Balm in the USA and the Sensitive Cool Refreshing Balm in the Netherlands. Meanwhile, the Sensitive Balm is exactly the same.
Nivea also has the Deep Lotion and the 2-Phase Lotion. Really depends on where you live to have access to it.
The USA carries only the Deep Lotion, while the Netherlands has the 2-in-1 Active Energy Balm and the Active Age Balm. There is also a Stubble moisturizing balm similar to L’Oréal. It really depends on where you live, but thanks to EBay and Amazon, everything is obtainable although prices may be much higher.

The two phase, balm and deep are readily available here in Australia and often the $5 AUD/$3Usd mark. Think thats just new packaging for the old sensitive 0%alc balm.

The two phase, balm and deep are readily available here in Australia and often the $5 AUD/$3Usd mark. Think thats just new packaging for the old sensitive 0%alc balm.
Only the Nivea Deep Lotion is available in the USA and the Netherlands as far as I have seen. It’s $6 and €10 respectively. I heard the 2-phase is wonderful at moisturizing and soothing the skin.

Ah. I meant the 2 Phase.

I liked the effects — a very slick feeling. I wasn't so sure about the list of ingredients, though.

It isn't clear whether Nivea 2-Phase Aftershave Lotion is a currently live product or NOS here, so I got 4 spares, since I liked the smooth result a lot.

Also got one of the Nivea body shaving sticks to try.

If any UKer is reading this, I got my 2-Phase at Home Bargains, for £1.99. I've no idea if they operate elsewhere.

I came across the following product:
View attachment 1031293

I'm not sure whether this product will be available worldwide. There are some differences in the ingredients compared to the original sensitive aftershave balm.

Ultra comfort:

Aqua, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Panthenol, Glycyrrhiza Inflata Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Tapioca Starch, Triceteareth-4 Phosphate, Sodium Carbomer, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol, Piroctone Olamine, Linalool

Original:

Aqua, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hamamelis Virginiana Bark/Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Tapioca Starch, Triceteareth-4 Phosphate, Sodium Carbomer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, Piroctone Olamine, Parfum

Does anyone here have experience with this product? Other thoughts?

It's a different product.
Both Balms are available in the site you link.

Nivea does this a lot, there are a bunch of products with very similar names but different formulations.
Why? No Idea. Wish someone could explain that to me.

Top Bottom