What's new

Badger and Blade in the News!

I love the one comment at the end of the article where the guy claims that the 4-5 blade cartridges can last 4 months or so on most beards. What a joke. I guess he must be really drunk when he is shaving as I do believe it would hurt like hell.

Nice job!

Very cool.

Expect a flood of newbies to this site and a lot of money going to various vendors and members.

I wonder if the writer is a B&B member, since he seems to be committed to the topic (i.e., it's at least a two-parter)

My only quibble with Joel is that he seemed to say that a badger brush is a requirement, when many people do just fine with cheaper boars and synthetics.

Jeff in Boston

Very good. It seemed like you overstated start-up costs though. No one needs a badger brush (wants is a different story :wink2:), and my Gillette was $20. That's $30 with my Omega boar, and I could have gone cheaper... *cough* VDH?

"Double-edge shaving costs more upfront but potentially less in the long run. You'll need a razor handle and badger-hair brush, which together could run you $50 to $100, but you won't have to buy those again. And you'll need shaving soap or cream for less than $20, which could last six to 18 months."

Bah wheres my boar ...

Actually though that read, should help me write my short article, which is probably going to be a spec compared to that.

I love the one comment at the end of the article where the guy claims that the 4-5 blade cartridges can last 4 months or so on most beards.

Nice job!

Yeah, and further down it says something about Gillette saying they last a lifetime in some cases. That's definitely a stretch.

Yeah, and further down it says something about Gillette saying they last a lifetime in some cases. That's definitely a stretch.

A select sample I guess:

proxy.php

:ohmy:

I am finding wet shaving to be a great value and a wonderful hobby. Not to mention the shaves are much better. This can be as in-expensive as you want it to be...or the AD can kick in and you forgo the yearly vacation fund. :)

Top Bottom