What's new

BAD Thing About a great DE shave

I have to say that I have actually found one bad thing about the whole DE razor shaving. The fact that it gets so much closer, and your face so much smoother that sometimes the next day there is very little to shave off. I never thought I would look forward to my next shave, but now I get disappointed when there is little for my razor to slice off the next day. PS: My wife is thinking I have lost it because I now enjoy shaving.

I've stopped talking about it.. my friends think I've lost my mind. I've turned three of them on to it, and they dig it, but are very satisfied to shave every three days with their one razor, one brush and one pack of blades (order more when they load the last one)... and there's nothing more to talk about. I don't know how they do it! If there were products to make your beard grow faster, I'd probably buy some and slather it on!

Yeah, my wife was thinking I had lost it too - until yesterday. For the past many years, I have been the one to purchase the carts that we both used. Well, yesterday, she decided she needed some new carts and since I was not buying them any more, she went to get some while I went in the back of the store to get a script. I come back up and she is still looking at the blades, slack-jawed.

I asked her what was up and told her she needed the Mach 3 blades. She goes "I know, but have you seen these prices?" To which I replied "Why do you think I went back to a DE razor?" She skipped the blades and went straight to the cabinet in our bathroom when we got home. She asked which of my razors she could have - I gave her a Travel Tech and a 1940s style SS (no date code) to choose from.

She is thinking it over, but I suspect we will be getting her a nice and shiny birth quarter SS (C1). She liked the size of the Travel Tech, but did not like that it was not a butterfly opening head. I think the 40's SS was too user grade for her taste. I have used it and it shaves very well, but it is not minty looking.

Some DE shavers opt to only go WTG when they shave, specifically so that the next day there is some growth to remove! Also it cuts down on irritation..

I asked her what was up and told her she needed the Mach 3 blades. She goes "I know, but have you seen these prices?" To which I replied "Why do you think I went back to a DE razor?" She skipped the blades and went straight to the cabinet in our bathroom when we got home. She asked which of my razors she could have - I gave her a Travel Tech and a 1940s style SS (no date code) to choose from.

She is thinking it over, but I suspect we will be getting her a nice and shiny birth quarter SS (C1). She liked the size of the Travel Tech, but did not like that it was not a butterfly opening head. I think the 40's SS was too user grade for her taste. I have used it and it shaves very well, but it is not minty looking.

Why don't you look for a Lady Gillette for her? Or a Knack? Both of those have nice long handles and butterfly heads.

[QUOTEDude. Your wife finds out you gave up her age in a public forum you're a dead man :laugh:][/QUOTE]

My wife is thinking I have lost it because I now enjoy shaving.

She's been thinking that for awhile now.....since she met you.....Might as well be for something you Enjoy! :lol:

Welcome to BB tlentz.....I am 18 w on 18 from you.....BUNCH of us from the area here.

I've stopped talking about it.. my friends think I've lost my mind. I've turned three of them on to it, and they dig it, but are very satisfied to shave every three days with their one razor, one brush and one pack of blades (order more when they load the last one)... and there's nothing more to talk about. I don't know how they do it! If there were products to make your beard grow faster, I'd probably buy some and slather it on!

+1

That is not a negative; you should look at it as doing less work for the following day. You can still do three passes, but you won't have to work at it. Enjoy the shaves.

Thanks Dools for the welcome! I was wondering if there were many of us from the area around. Let me know if you know of any good places around us to pick up old DE's. Go Bees!

I used to hate to shave, now I look forward to it, and like the OP am a tad disappointed when there's not much there! :)

If there were products to make your beard grow faster, I'd probably buy some and slather it on!

I used to work with a guy who complained that he needed to shave twice a day to keep up with his beard growth. And he wasn't kidding. By 5:00 he had more than a shadow, it was real stubble. He eventually just gave up and grew a beard. I would love to have a reason to shave again after I got home from work!

Some DE shavers opt to only go WTG when they shave, specifically so that the next day there is some growth to remove! Also it cuts down on irritation..

Only problem with this is that I enjoy it too much to only do one pass!

(PS- I made my signature before I read this thread)

I thought I was the only one with the wife who thinks I'm nuts to be this ecstatic and interested about DE shaving.
Actually...she just told me that she doesn't think I'm crazy for talking about shaving with her (to which she has absolutely no interest in)...she thinks I'm utterly from another planet for talking on a forum (B&B) with other men about shaving. She just doesn't get it. I love her anyways! LOL!

Dude. Your wife finds out you gave up her age in a public forum you're a dead man :laugh:

j/k

LOL. Not that it is impossible to do, but people would have to figure out who I am to link her age to her. She does not keep that a secret like some women do anyway.

Why don't you look for a Lady Gillette for her? Or a Knack? Both of those have nice long handles and butterfly heads.

Good ideas - thanks.

Top Bottom