What's new

Bacon

However, Trader Joes Apple Smoked Bacon is one of the best market bacon's I have ever had. We have another place down the the road from us--old school type butcher--that rivals Trader Joes ASB (not to be confused with after shave balm :)) but my wife has basically given up on all other bacon from anywhere else besides TJs. However, when I go shopping I once in a while sneak Rocca's Market (the shop above) in there.

Ehh, I don't really like it that much. The flavor is definitely good, but it seems to have a very rubbery consistency. I find it to be very chewy. And this was the same for 3 or 4 packages that I bought. I've been buying whatever brand has the W on the packaging from them. It's good, I wish it were smoked. I may pick up some bacon at the farmer's market next week if I feel like dropping $9 a pound on it.

Ehh, I don't really like it that much. The flavor is definitely good, but it seems to have a very rubbery consistency. I find it to be very chewy. And this was the same for 3 or 4 packages that I bought. I've been buying whatever brand has the W on the packaging from them. It's good, I wish it were smoked. I may pick up some bacon at the farmer's market next week if I feel like dropping $9 a pound on it.

Wow! how do you cook it? We only cook bacon in our cast iron and I have never felt it to be rubbery...

Wow! how do you cook it? We only cook bacon in our cast iron and I have never felt it to be rubbery...

For it truly to be the best bacon on the planet it shouldn't matter how you cook it (well microwaving it might be the exception). I have done Nueske's in the oven and on different pans, on fire and electric. Always comes out great. Best....Bacon....On....This....Planet...Yeah, I went there...

Try it, unless your doctor has already warned you against this kind of gluttony. :thumbup1:

Perhaps you should try deep frying thick cut potato chips or wedges in bacon drippings. If duck fat makes the king of the potato wedge/chip, then bacon must be an artery clogging addition to the feast.

Cast iron. I wish it were one package, but again, 3 packages over a period of a few months. Always is a little rubbery/chewy. Never had this issue with any other bacon.

Top Bottom