What's new

Back to the Futur

About a year and a half ago, I sold my Futur razor on the BST. Not because it didn't shave well, but because I was frustrated with the shiny, slippery handle. I tried several "home remedies" for the handle including Plasti Dip, pencil grips, rubber bands, etc. Some of them worked, but just looked too slapdash to me. Recently, however, I've had a hankering for an adjustable razor, and a matte finish Futur popped up on the BST. I figured that maybe the matte finish would be less slippery, and it was so reasonably priced that I had to give it a try.

This morning I had my first chance to put that theory to the test. I loaded up the Futur with a Personna Israeli Red blade, lathered up with Pre de Provence soap, set the dial to 4 and started shaving. Was the matte finish less slippery? Probably only in my mind, but I had no problems holding the razor securely throughout the two pass + touchup shave. While I generally prefer nimble razors with small heads, somehow the large size and weight of the Futur does not negatively impact my shaving experience. With the dial on 4, the shave was extremely smooth and efficient. I vaguely recall that I may have used it on 5 and 6 when I had one in my razor rotation, but at 4 the shave is effortless and the results just one tiny degree shy of BBS.

Congratulations!!

Revisiting old decisions is often worthwhile.

It’s the results that matter, however much you believe this is, ’Probably only in my mind...’ :thumbup: :thumbup:

Top Bottom