What's new

Back From Las Vegas! T&H, AOS, Penhaligon's, etc.

I'm back from Las Vegas, where I celebrated my 50th birthday! My wife and I had a blast--including me winning at the tables!

I did not get to videotape any professional shaves though. As I mentioned in a previous message sent from my blackberry, T&H has closed their shop at Caesars and is in the process of moving to Mirage. The week before the trip I emailed T&H's (NA) media dept. about permission to do a video. The request wound up on the desk of no less than T&H's Managing Director, Todd Fisher. He was very receptive to the idea of me doing a video of a shave (and, in fact, aware of the shaving discussion boards and my shaving videos) but unfortunately the timing was bad due to their lease expiring. I have no doubt that should another opportunity present itself in the future, T&H will accomodate me to the best of their ability.

I also contacted AOS about doing a video in their shop in Mandalay Bay. Their response was much less enthusiastic. Their PR flack hasn't been particularly helpful, and we're still in the process of "negotiating" a waiver to their video prohibition. I guess its now a moot point since I've returned but maybe I can get some kind of "agreement in principle" should an opportunity arise again.

Penhaligon's is still at the Wynn. Not a full-blown store like there used to be at Caesars a few years ago, but they have display covering one whole wall in one of Wynn's shops (there's some T&H in the shop as well). There's a wall of AOS products in the Apothocary store at Venetian as well. Acca Kappa is still at the Venetian Canal Shoppes.

--Mark

Top Bottom