What's new

Back after a couple years - checking back in and a question

That's awesome!!! Never seen a 14 le grelot. Although I remember uk thiers having a bunch of atypical 14s model brands. Can't remember what it was though.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the post-Max treatment photos, but here's another that I sold a few years ago (not Dallas's razor). Imagine it wearing the same butterscotch micarta scales as the thumb-notched blade above.

View attachment 408008

Here is the Le Grelot I have on the back way home after a 2 year holiday in the warm sun of San Diego . . .

Dallas,

If mine had been the square-point version in those scales, it would probably be another of my 'comeback' razors.

Oh by the way...nice...eh...blade there, lookin' to sell? :shifty:

Dallas,

If mine had been the square-point version in those scales, it would probably be another of my 'comeback' razors.

Oh by the way...nice...eh...blade there, lookin' to sell? :shifty:

Ha - Not today . . . it would make a nice trifecta with your other two (assuming you track down #2). Have you honed up that quarter hollow and given it a go since you got it back? That razor gave a very nice shave.

This one here is the only one I've ever seen with a square point. Its a pretty hefty razor but a tremendous shaver and looks great on the counter. The scales are black/blue G10 with an ivory micarta wedge.

Attachments

• $71654d1308412448-7-8-le-grelot-14-black-blue-g10-lg14g10-1[1].jpg
    $71654d1308412448-7-8-le-grelot-14-black-blue-g10-lg14g10-1[1].jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 61
  • $71648d1308412430-7-8-le-grelot-14-black-blue-g10-lg14g10-5[1].jpg
    $71648d1308412430-7-8-le-grelot-14-black-blue-g10-lg14g10-5[1].jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 60
Ha - Not today . . . it would make a nice trifecta with your other two (assuming you track down #2). Have you honed up that quarter hollow and given it a go since you got it back? That razor gave a very nice shave.

This one here is the only one I've ever seen with a square point. Its a pretty hefty razor but a tremendous shaver and looks great on the counter. The scales are black/blue G10 with an ivory micarta wedge.
Gorgeous razor...
New guy compared to you but truly looking forward to your contributions.
Welcome back.

Top Bottom