What's new

Axe is crap

If they made it with pull rings instead of spray buttons, I'd keep a few cans around for breaking up riots. Other than that, I got no use for the stuff.

I bought and wore some Axe stuff one time and that was the first time EVER my wife demanded I go take a shower to wash it off. She has put up with me wearing everything from Clubman to Old Spice but Axe really offended her senses.

I agree, though I don't go to the gym without it. Next time you are in the store smell Axe Twist. It has a strong citrus smell and dries to a clean soap smell. When you are filthy and sweaty in the gym it keeps the flies away.

My wife has this to say about Axe. "Spray more, get none." She hates it and I tend to agree. I only use it at work during the summer when I'm sweating like a pig from repairing forklifts in hot warehouses and on hot pavement. I stay soaked with sweat all day. It's good to keep the uniform from souring from being wet all day in the heat. That's about it.
Repels people better than pepper spray, normally.

I tried one of their hair products this past week and it was probably the worst product I have ever used. Not sure why I even spent the $5 on it.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Darn . . . I was looking for a new scent . . . I don't want to smell like your old man . . . and I thought Axe would be it.

I've used some of their hair products and really liked them. Not crazy about the axe scent, but it's not bad either. IMO. Their spray deo is good to keep in the gym bag or wherever. But, not to say "I'm wearing this nice scent". That it is not.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You guys are all older than 13.
You can't wear that stuff if you're older than 13.
It's on the label.

Axe is the smell of just developing teenage males, who don't shower frequently enough, and cover themselves in it to compensate. No thanks, I'll pass. :scared::scared:

After playing a hockey game, I shower and sprayed a trial bottle of this on me. Within 5 minutes the team was begging me to go take another shower. I decided against it, and because I smelled like Axe instead of B.O, I met my now wife. Hmmm, maybe the ads are true.

All I know is there's a bazillion varieties, colors, scents of the deo spray, body washes, etc. Variety is the spice of life, but I don't like having to scan through rows and rows of the stuff at the store to find my 2 bottles of Old Spice Original body wash amid the 600 of Axe products. (I don't consider myself to be an old curmudgeon just yet, but there's too many scents of Old Spice also - just carry the ORIGINAL on some dedicated shelf space and not on back order, please).

It is fun to tease my 14 year old son a little on when the chicks are going to show up on each arm - per the label on the back of the Axe products. :lol:

I like it. As long as you don't wash yourself in it, which I'm sure quite a few of you do, you'll be fine. I do a quick, light spray, then spray some on my hands, DAB my face lightly and my wrists/neck. Women love it, never had 1 complaint.

proxy.php

I look past the rolling years, a vision swirling and dark...

Two old timers are using computer implants to post to a holographic shaving forum.

One is lamenting the prices on the Ebay for that hallowed but rare scent of his youth, AXE Pulse.

The other agrees, and adds that vintage Fusion Octogon eight bladed cartridges are getting harder to find, and he may give up and switch to beard stopping pills or perhaps a modern Gillette Disintegrator.

The vision fades, but not before they agree to go and stir up some trouble on the Williams Love/Hate thread that is up to six billion pages....

Top Bottom