What's new

Australian Shaving Supplies

I am your Floris rep here in Australia and thought it was about time I said hello. Although I don't have any personal experience of shaving my face (though that could change in another thirty years' time!) I have to admit that the whole topic is much more complicated than I ever gave it credit for and quite fascinating - so much more interesting than shaving legs. Anyway, I am learning fast, not least because I have just read through quite a bit of this thread.
So, just to explain, I import Floris and wholesale it to our selected retailers as well as selling the whole range (every product we have in the country) directly through www.ivyhouse.com.au. I noticed that I have been mentioned a few times in this thread, thank you for the kind comments, really much appreciated. So, anything you want to know about our products, just ask! I have just re-priced all our shaving and skin care products (in the process of putting it online as we speak) due to the weakness of the British pound (thanks Gordon). Shipping costs are still horrible, and rising, but I hope to be able to keep prices competitive. I will also sort out some special offers for all you Badger and Bladers along with our great samples.
Hope you guys don't mind a girlie listening in occasionally - you never know, you might appreciate a woman's opinion now and then!

Welcome. Nice to have a lady around:001_smile

Thanks for the kind welcome guys and nice comments, seems I have a good reputation to uphold! mdunn, and all, our fragrance library is great - generous 2ml vials that give you a chance to wear the fragrances for a few days each. I have put all fragrances in there, men's and women's, as there are a few unisex (I hate that word!) ones. I am sure you all have a lady somewhere in your lives that you can give the flowery ones to! Or, of course, you could keep them so that you can dab a little on those love notes I know you all write!!! I refuse to believe that any man, apart from my husband, doesn't have a single romantic bone in his body - if I'm wrong please just humour me as I live in hope! Anyway, back to the fragrance library - I had to start charging a bit for these as, to be honest, I was sending out SO many it was costing me a bomb and I know that lots of the requests were just from people who will take anything if it's free and had no intention of ever buying (sorry, I know that sounds harsh but it's a reality I had to eventually accept). However, all you B$B guys and girls, I would like to offer you the library for just $18 instead of the $28 including postage. I have to pay quite a bit to import them with all the new dangerous goods laws etc so that just covers my costs. I can't put discount features on the website yet (I'll check with my web man about adding one) so if you'd like to call or email your details I'l process it for you. I need all the usual stuff, name, address, email, card number, expiry and csc, you know the routine. Tel 02 48625204 or email [email protected].

Fragrance X will. And for cheap. Don't know what they have though.

most 'shave' type AS is not mainstream. Most people I know buy only your Calvin, Armani etc etc

Hi gent's working my way through this great thread (2 days of casual work browsing so far and had to comment on this - I find it ironic that most "shave" type AS is not mainstream....so sad that its true alot of it isnt for an aftershave experiance these days but for the scent.

Ian are any of those scuttles/new batch still available?

Ok will post more when I get to the end of the thread *back to reading* :mellow:

Edit - never mind Ian - just found your thread in GSL which I just joined (hopefully I don't get fired for all this browsing so I can fund my growing AD;) )

Last edited:
Hello Aussieshaver,
Sorry we don't have samples of the shaving products, just the fragrances (which run through the shaving ranges of course). Floris don't produce them but I have asked before and will do so again, I'll let you know.

Hi Smoothcriminal,
We have two aftershaves, an astringent and a balm, that both fulfil their role in the shaving process but also have the fragrance to tie in with the other products in the range. The complete experience!

Ok just spent a bit of time going through the list of fragrances for men at perfume empire:

http://www.perfumeempire.com.au/men...a&catid=100&labelid=%&category=onsale&cps=352

my conclusion is nothing great there - though if your a beckham fan he seems to have about 30 different fragrances (he either has terrible BO enjoys smelling like he fell into a perfume vat or shock horror is in it for the money) was also saddened to see antonio banderas has sucumbed to the corporate machine.

Anyway though I'd link it as they do have a big range (of commercial crap IMO but thats just me) and they have physical stores that you can check out in mosts states.

Thanks for the kind welcome guys and nice comments, seems I have a good reputation to uphold! mdunn, and all, our fragrance library is great - generous 2ml vials that give you a chance to wear the fragrances for a few days each. I have put all fragrances in there, men's and women's, as there are a few unisex (I hate that word!) ones. I am sure you all have a lady somewhere in your lives that you can give the flowery ones to! Or, of course, you could keep them so that you can dab a little on those love notes I know you all write!!! I refuse to believe that any man, apart from my husband, doesn't have a single romantic bone in his body - if I'm wrong please just humour me as I live in hope! Anyway, back to the fragrance library - I had to start charging a bit for these as, to be honest, I was sending out SO many it was costing me a bomb and I know that lots of the requests were just from people who will take anything if it's free and had no intention of ever buying (sorry, I know that sounds harsh but it's a reality I had to eventually accept). However, all you B$B guys and girls, I would like to offer you the library for just $18 instead of the $28 including postage. I have to pay quite a bit to import them with all the new dangerous goods laws etc so that just covers my costs. I can't put discount features on the website yet (I'll check with my web man about adding one) so if you'd like to call or email your details I'l process it for you. I need all the usual stuff, name, address, email, card number, expiry and csc, you know the routine. Tel 02 48625204 or email [email protected].

What a wonderful person you are making such a generous offer. :001_smile :thumbup:

Does this offer extend to NZ residents :idea: (we are sort of the 7th State of Aussie after all) :a47:

Ok gent's had a wander around @ lunch and found the following location that stocked all the american crew gear, some proraso, a few DE razors and brushes not sure about their prices (but i got a vulvix pure badger for same price as I've seen it online $49.95). Had a chat to the owner and he said they stock more stuff but in their other stores but due to space limitations not so much in the city store (also stock more around fathers day etc.)

Anyone the store/s is Davila mens hairstylist and the locations are:
Garden city
Floreat Forum
Stockland Bullcreek
and the Enex 100 building in the CBD (right outside the new woolworths store on St Georges terrace).

Website is: www.davilia.com.au

Will probably roam around the CBD on a few more lunch breaks and keep you posted if I find anything:001_smile.

Chris

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Ok gent's had a wander around @ lunch and found the following location that stocked all the american crew gear, some proraso, a few DE razors and brushes not sure about their prices (but i got a vulvix pure badger for same price as I've seen it online $49.95). Had a chat to the owner and he said they stock more stuff but in their other stores but due to space limitations not so much in the city store (also stock more around fathers day etc.)

Garden city
Floreat Forum
Stockland Bullcreek
and the Enex 100 building in the CBD (right outside the new woolworths store on St Georges terrace).

Will probably roam around the CBD on a few more lunch breaks and keep you posted if I find anything:001_smile.

Chris

Wiki updated

Garden city
Floreat Forum
Stockland Bullcreek

Chris
Don't bother with Mr Shaver in Piccadilly Arcade - prices are obnoxious and the owner isn't much better. Plus he knows nothing about anything that doesn't plug in.

I was in the city the other week and he had a swag of Dovo straights. I asked the price, got off the floor, and he told me they were a bad idea and too fragile. So he sucks at sales too.

There's a barber shop in Leederville that has America crew and Proraso too. You can also get proraso really cheap at Stirling IGA.

Garden city
Floreat Forum
Stockland Bullcreek

Chris

Mr Shaver in Picadilly Arcade have a huge range, TOBs, Edwin Jagger, Dovo, Merkurs etc a lot of the items are way more expensive than they should be. I was happy when I saw he stocked Feather DE blades, but was dismayed when he pushed Merkur blades as the best you can buy:w00t: Still its worth a look and I know he will discount some items.

In the same arcade there is another gentleman's shop that sells TOBs and a few other shave related items

Don't bother with Mr Shaver in Piccadilly Arcade - prices are obnoxious and the owner isn't much better. Plus he knows nothing about anything that doesn't plug in.

I was in the city the other week and he had a swag of Dovo straights. I asked the price, got off the floor, and he told me they were a bad idea and too fragile. So he sucks at sales too.

There's a barber shop in Leederville that has America crew and Proraso too. You can also get proraso really cheap at Stirling IGA.

:lol::lol::lol: well, our messages crossed.

Yeah I already found him and also esquires in the same arcade - He was selling the 1904 merkur for $109 - he kicked me out after i lay there laughing for a half hour :tongue_sm

This is a great offer for anyone considering the Floris range. I got a sample ages ago from Ivyhouse (thank you) and did end up receiving two EDTs (Santal Extreme and Malmaison) as gifts because my visiting UK relatives would not hear of me buying them. They also gave my wife a bottle of Zinnia and she loves it.

I can give a recommendation though for others thinking of buying Floris as the EDT has great staying power and is not a common fragrance around the place for those wanting to be a touch classy.:thumbup1:

BaldRick - For sure, get in touch and I'll send it to you. I am looking for stockists in New Zealand, any suggestions welcome!

Last edited:
BaldRick - For sure, get in touch and I'll send it to you. I am looking for stockists in New Zealand, any suggestions welcome!

Ivyhouse - would it be possible for you to post a template of what details you need filled out to get the fragrance library? something along the lines of:

Name:
Postal Address:
Financial details etc:

Would like to pick up the fragrance library - samples are golden gotta love being able to try something for a minimal $ outlay to see how it goes.

Thanks again for the offer :001_smile

Hi Smoothcriminal,
These details please (a bit long winded but the system needs it all)
name
email
address
delivery address if different
telephone no
card no
expiry date
csc (the last 3 numbers by signature strip)
valid from date (if available)

send all above to - [email protected]

I think that's it, hurry while stocks last!!!!

You really shouldn't accept or encourage the emailing of credit card details, especially the security code. I'm sure your intentions are honourable; it's just not kosher.

Top Bottom