What's new

ATT owners please!

I have a question. ATT says on their site that the Windsor line, besides covering the blade tabs, features tighter tolerances and blade clamping than their classic line, and that results in a smoother shave. Does it really make the shave smoother, has anyone noticed that?

I have a question. ATT says on their site that the Windsor line, besides covering the blade tabs, features tighter tolerances and blade clamping than their classic line, and that results in a smoother shave. Does it really make the shave smoother, has anyone noticed that?

Yes absolutely. I keep saying people think the Windsor is essentially the same as the classic, but it isn't. Grandiose razor that flies under the radar. I assume it's because ATT doesn't grease the wettubers ;)

Yes absolutely. I keep saying people think the Windsor is essentially the same as the classic, but it isn't. Grandiose razor that flies under the radar. I assume it's because ATT doesn't grease the wettubers ;)

Wow, OK, good to know! Because I consider my Atlas R1 one of my best shavers; very smooth, comfortable, and efficient. Can't wait to try the Windsor now!

It is a far smoother shaver at every level. It is probably less efficient at each plate as well but hard to tell.
Wow, OK, good to know! Because I consider my Atlas R1 one of my best shavers; very smooth, comfortable, and efficient. Can't wait to try the Windsor now!

There is less blade feel with the Windsor R but it is just about as efficient, so be careful not to let it trick you into using too much pressure. The H in the Windsor is still more efficient and smoother than the Standard R plate.

I also have an R1 Classic and today I have a Windsor R1 head being delivered. Wishing I hadn't shaved this morning so I could use it when the mail is delivered.

Glad you are enjoying your ATT razor! The R1 is my daily driver although I rotate quite often with another razor.

I have three other plates - H2, M2, & S1. s1 is likely my smoothest razor but it’s just a bit too mild for me to use daily. Personal preference. M2 even more mild but occasionally a nice option because it’s a mindless and fast shave. The H2 is great but aggressive, I seldom use it since r1 does the job nicely but prefer it to the other two plates as it’s great for multiple days growth. Good vacation razor.

Enjoy your shaves!!

Yes absolutely. I keep saying people think the Windsor is essentially the same as the classic, but it isn't. Grandiose razor that flies under the radar.
It is a far smoother shaver at every level. It is probably less efficient at each plate as well but hard to tell.

Yup, you're both 100% right. I had my first shave with it today, and as smooth a shaver as the ATT Classic is, the Windsor definitely tops it. You can tell from the first stroke that it is a high-end tool. Incredible.

I own the S2 open comb slant and the S1 mild open comb and I love them both and use one or the other every day. I must 8-10 other razors that I have not used in years you know how is? I also want to add that Stan and now his son in law Matt are 2 of the nicest people I have ever done business with

I have the S1, S2, H1, R1, M1, SE1, Windsor R1 & H1. I don’t care for the M1, but all the others are nice. Of these, my preference is the SE1 and Windsor H1 which are both sublime.

Top Bottom