What's new

Asus tf300

Anyone use a ASUS TF300? I am looking for a tablet and have heard some good things about this device.

My one question with any Android OS devices is can they still run flash?

Thanks

-Luke

Anyone use a ASUS TF300? I am looking for a tablet and have heard some good things about this device.

My one question with any Android OS devices is can they still run flash?

Thanks

-Luke

Asus makes solid tablets. Flash only runs on Android 4.0 and below from my understanding and the most recent OS is 4.2. If you are looking for a 10 inch tablet, I would highly suggest looking into the new Nexus 10. You will always have the latest OS updates since it is a Google branded device. The entire Nexus 10, inside and out, is made by Samsung.

Asus makes solid tablets. Flash only runs on Android 4.0 and below from my understanding and the most recent OS is 4.2. If you are looking for a 10 inch tablet, I would highly suggest looking into the new Nexus 10. You will always have the latest OS updates since it is a Google branded device. The entire Nexus 10, inside and out, is made by Samsung.

Well you can sideload adobe flash and use it with the Firefox mobile browser (Chrome doesn't support flash for some reason). The reviews of the N10 have been kind of meh. Great display and processor but it's essentially an Samsung tablet branded as a Nexus. But yes if you're looking for the latest updates go with a Nexus 7 or 10.

Well you can sideload adobe flash and use it with the Firefox mobile browser (Chrome doesn't support flash for some reason). The reviews of the N10 have been kind of meh. Great display and processor but it's essentially an Samsung tablet branded as a Nexus.

That seems pretty contradictory to me. How can it be "meh" if it has a great display and processor and is essentially a Samsung tablet? I have only seen good reviews for it. The only complaint I have really seen is that it lacks an SD card slot (as does the Nexus 7). It looks like the SD card slot is on the way out the door though.

I have the TF300T (I think that's the model name) with the keyboard and it works like a dream. I use Firefox browser by default on it and haven't noticed any content not working, but I couldn't say 100%.

That seems pretty contradictory to me. How can it be "meh" if it has a great display and processor and is essentially a Samsung tablet? I have only seen good reviews for it. The only complaint I have really seen is that it lacks an SD card slot (as does the Nexus 7). It looks like the SD card slot is on the way out the door though.

Because the the build quality is just ok. Another thing is that the processer seems to buckle under heavy use. Plus the battery life from what I've read is not very good.

Lastly there are very apps that take advantage of that great screen. Also that panorama view is is a wonky and difficult to use. Let's not even get into the issues with the JB 4.2 update.

It's a good 10 inch tablet for the price, but I rather go with the N7. Check out the reviews on engadget, the verge or Androidentral.

Last edited:
Top Bottom