What's new

Astra Superior Stainless (Blue) vs Superior Platinum (Green)

Which Astra blade to you prefer? Secondly, how many shaves do you use your favored blade for?

• Total voters

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Green came first for me. So green. Then I bought blue. Didn’t like blue as much for reasons I can’t specify but the subjectivity of it all seems ridiculous. I started using green again after a hiatus because I think I remember CG recommend green. But I have no idea why. Anyway I voted green. I made up a response as to number of shaves because I don’t really keep track of that statistic.

This thread seems to be prematurely outdated in the light of P&G moving the production of both models to India. Statistically since they decided to make Astras in Russia around 2005, the SP has been in demand more. Many users swear by them. My guess is back tehn Gillette didn't know the SP would be a huge success.

I'm an *** man myself, or at least I was before the war. One of the blades that did the best in my vintage Gillettes and could reliably give me four good shaves. I never got along with ASPs, didn't cut hair close enough but cut skin plenty. I like the reports I'm seeing here on the Indian ASPs; to me they sound like more like the (Russian) *** blades.

I'm an *** man myself, or at least I was before the war. One of the blades that did the best in my vintage Gillettes and could reliably give me four good shaves. I never got along with ASPs, didn't cut hair close enough but cut skin plenty. I like the reports I'm seeing here on the Indian ASPs; to me they sound like more like the (Russian) *** blades.
Apparently I can't abbreviate Astra Superior Stainless here, as it is a naughty word. Ah well.

Apparently I can't abbreviate Astra Superior Stainless here, as it is a naughty word. Ah well.
proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I, like a couple other gents here, have used the SP for a number of years after making the choice from a sample pack.

I believe the time has come to get another sample pack to see of the aging face would benefit from a blade change.
But, until then, it's an SP
I've got some Astra SS I can send you my friend. It's right up there with a Gillette Silver Blue for my incredibly handsome face!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
SP for usually 10 shaves for me!
Those SP blades DO get better after the first or second use on my incredibly handsome face! Really indistinguishable from SS after using my incredibly handsome face as a strop.

I think I have an issue with platinum coating, or whatever it is, since I doubt sincerely they are recycling old catalytic converters for razor blade coating!

Top Bottom