What's new

Astra Superior Platinum - YOUR OPINION ON LONGEVITY?

This thread is an add-on to the recent survey for the Astra Superior Platinum. If you contributed before, please try to contribute again. Thanks!

LONGEVITY is being added to the Comprehensive DE Razor Blade Data Table in the B&B ShaveWiki, so now, you are being asked for longevity ratings of the Astra Superior Platinum DE razor blade.

If you are an experienced user with DE razor blades and safety razors and have used the Astra Superior Platinum enough to form a fair opinion, then please read carefully and contribute ratings for the Astra Superior Platinum. Usernames and individual ratings will be collected in a table and added to the Astra Superior Platinum's B&B ShaveWiki page, while overall user ratings will be added to the Comprehensive DE Razor Blade Data Table in the B&B ShaveWiki.

We are making the DEFINITIVE table for DE razor blades! This thread is a part of that long-term project.

The official period here lasts for one week. Thanks for your consideration, and special thanks to those experienced users who contribute ratings.

DEFINITION

• LONGEVITY is a measure of how long the blade lasts compared to other blades. More longevity correlates with more strokes, passes, and shaves.

GUIDELINES

• MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM ratings capture VARIATION ACROSS MANY SAMPLES of the same blade, ignoring the rare or occasional dud or bad sample. If you feel that longevity does not vary across samples, then enter the same value for the minimum and maximum ratings.

• LONGEVITY is relative to other blades on a SCALE FROM 0 (LEAST) TO 10 (MOST). A rating of 5 is right in the middle.

• Leave maximum longevity BLANK if you AREN'T SURE due to disposal of some or most blade samples before they wear out. Those who keep using the blade well beyond the noticed drop in blade performance could provide longevity ratings that don't correspond with actual blade usage.

• Ratings do not have to be in whole numbers

USER RATINGS FORM

If you can provide fair ratings, then please copy and paste the following form and add your ratings in your reply:

DE Razor Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Minimum Longevity (0–10):
Maximum Longevity (0–10):

Last edited by a moderator:
Minimum Longevity (0–10): 8
Maximum Longevity (0–10): 10

I'm going to be able to give you some personal feedback as we push forward into Feb. I have an E4 Fatboy loaded with an Astra SP and so far have 3 shaves on it. The plan is to push this blade out as far as possible, and if possible, the entire month (~20 to 22 shaves total).

[MENTION=89729]TobyC[/MENTION], [MENTION=110326]fast shaver[/MENTION], and [MENTION=108689]adamchur[/MENTION]: Thanks, guys! :)
[MENTION=94467]Highspeedlane[/MENTION]: Sounds good! Don't hurt yourself! :)
[MENTION=94606]BigJ[/MENTION]: Would you please evaluate longevity on the defined scale from 0 (least) to 10 (most)? Thanks. :)

Minimum Longevity (0–10): 10
Maximum Longevity (0–10): 10

I consistently get 20 daily face and head shaves from one blade. It's a top blade.

@VerbaVolant, @BBJones, @BigJ, @gwsmallwood, @sskim3, @Spang, @Mimramman, @troy, @NCJack, @Bookie, @DCRIII, @Jaybeez, @Squirrel, @thejarred:

You guys previously rated the Astra SP, but I've since added LONGEVITY to the ratings system:

"LONGEVITY is a measure of how long the blade lasts compared to other blades. More longevity correlates with more strokes, passes, and shaves."

Longevity is rated from 0 (least) to 10 (most).

If you can, would you please reply with longevity ratings?

Minimum Longevity (0–10):
Maximum Longevity (0–10):

Thanks for the consideration. :001_smile

Minimum Longevity (0–10): 3
Maximum Longevity (0–10): 8

Minimum Longevity (0–10): 5
Maximum Longevity (0–10): 8

I generally go 5 and have done 7 but I always feel the Astra has more shaves in it.

Top Bottom