What's new

Argentina Dove shooting?

Anyone ever gone to Argentina for Dove or Duck? I'm considering such a trip and would like to hear of any experiences or recommendations.

Sorry John, I don't know of anybody who has experience with dove hunting in Argentina. Mexico has always been the hot spot for doves but escalating border violence probably has put a stop to that. The Lake Guerro area in Nuevo Leon is the place to go. I think I recall an outfitter called Casa Don Quixote being highly recommended.

DL

Last edited:
I know a couple of people who have gone there for dove shoots. One went last year and told me that they opened the boxes of three brand new Benelli automatics for him to use. He'd shoot one empty and they'd switch a loaded one for him. Even with the soft shooting automatics, after a few days you might be a little sore. After shooting one day, they took him to an orphanage where all the doves are donated. He said that actually was the high point of his trip to Argentina.

I had understood that the doves were donated to various charities as we can't bring them out.

I'm going to continue my research. This is something I really think I would enjoy. Maybe take my son and son-in-law along.

My wife and I have both gone many times. It is the best volume shooting you will ever do. We shoot 20 ga. Side by sides (it's the sporting thing to do) and 1,000 bird days are common (my best has been 1642 birds in one day!). You wake up the next morning hurting with the "Oh, golly!" syndrome! :001_smile

The estancias are fabulous and the food served is out of this world. You are in for a real treat! I book through Trek. I have a particular estancia I request because of my wonderful experiences each and every year. We usually plan our trips with a group we know and have been shooting with for years. FWIW, everyone in the group (wife included) are competitive shooters in either sporting clays or skeet.

PM me for details and suggestions if you wish.

WooHoo! I knew I could count on you guys!

Man, fly fishing and wing shooting. Life doesn’t get much better.

Oh, the fishing down in Argentina is fabulous as well. If you get a chance to go to BA and then fly up to Cordoba, do so. A couple of days touring that city is well worth the time. The food, the sights, the women! Ahhh, BA, what a town! And don't for get to go to the Tango Club!!!

Oh, BTW, pm sent to you Hawkeye.

Top Bottom