What's new

Are these stirling soaps from chinese site legit?

They are probably some sort of scam but there are lots of items like this, they have lots of reviews and they look identical to Stirling.

Labels and jars can be easily copied, and authentic pictures used to represent counterfeit goods, so it is suspect.

The only way to be sure is to contact Stirling and provide the link you posted here.

Again, who knows?...but I'm very skeptical that it's the real stuff.

Labels and jars can be easily copied, and authentic pictures used to represent counterfeit goods, so it is suspect.

The only way to be sure is to contact Stirling and provide the link you posted here.

Again, who knows?...but I'm very skeptical that it's the real stuff.
They are $17, i mean original Stirling is $14 so it just could be imported from US to be sold to chinese but idk. I could actually buy these because i live in Turkey and its really hard to find Sterling soaps here they are either like $35-40 or out of stock.

Use your best judgment.

As I am using mine, NOT to click on a Chinese link by a first post member.

Unless you live in China, why not buy from the direct source and cut out the middleman?
Its just a chinese site like Aliexpress if you are worried about the link.

Use your best judgment.

As I am using mine, NOT to click on a Chinese link by a first post member.

Unless you live in China, why not buy from the direct source and cut out the middleman?
I live in Turkey. There is no Sterling products, i mean there are few but there is very little option and they are like 35-40 bucks.

Rod does have distributors in China:

Nevertheless, I would not buy from that link as you have zero guarantee that what is in the package will be Stirling product.

lasta

Blade Biter
That's DSCosmetic's Taobao store (Amazon equivalent). I've bought from them multiple times.

But I live in China, not sure if they deliver internationally.

That is indeed DScosmetic’s Taobao store. They usually won’t ship internationally, that’s what Ali Express is for. Taobao and Ali express are run by the same company, whereas Taobao serves the domestic Chinese market and Ali express the international markets.

I have purchased a few products from DSC’s taobao store and have always been very satisfied. Their store is massive, it features more than 600 different shaving products. It has an overall shop rating of 4.9 which is very good.

They are not only selling Stirling soap, they also have Ariana & Evan’s, Barrister & Mann, Noble Otter, Declaration Grooming, Wholly Kaw, and Zingari soaps. I highly doubt that these are all fake. It’s more likely that DSC imports soaps in bulk from the above artisans. They aren’t the only taobao shop who offer shaving soaps Made in USA. There are two or three others. In fact the amount of shaving products available on Taobao is so staggering that the only conclusion would be that the market for DE shaving products in China is relatively large. There is a guy who regularly rates DE razors like Razorocks, Merkur and so on in video reviews on Taobao (he also sells them). Mühle has an official Taobao store in China.

IMHO, the soap offered at the DSC Taobao store is legit. Times have changed, taobao has a strict “no fakes” policy, consumers in China are more knowledgeably now than before in spotting fakes and simply won’t buy them, and the DSC shop is so large and well rated that they won’t risk it for a few extra dollars.

If still in doubt, by all means contact Stirling soap and ask whether DSC is a customer. I think that is quite good advice. The official company name of DSC is: Shijiazhuang Deshi Cosmetics Co. Ltd.

Edit:
Stirling specifically lists DSC on their “Where to buy” page on their website with a direct link to DSC’s Taobao shop. See also the attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_5948.jpeg
    IMG_5948.jpeg
    664.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I live in Turkey. There is no Sterling products, i mean there are few but there is very little option and they are like 35-40 bucks.

You could try Gifts & Care in Spain.

They are a well known, reputable company and you won’t have to worry whether the products are genuine or not.
It’s a bit pricier than buying in the US, but Gifts & Care prices are usually competitive. Stirling shaving soap is €19.95. For sales to countries outside of the EU they may be able to reduce that price by not charging Spanish VAT, but you may have to deal with import duties/taxes on your end (but that would also happen when ordering form China).

They carry quite a few Stirling products, but keep in mind that Gifts & Care may not be able to ship anything containing alcohol (after shaves and eau de toilette, etc.) outside of the EU because of Dangerous Good Regulations in air transportation.

B.

Top Bottom