What's new

Are There Less Aggressive Blades Than Derby?

I bought them 2, maybe 3 years ago.

OK, then they're most likely the new sharper Extras. Closer to the Derby Premiums.

Other possibilities:

Has your technique changed? Concentrate on pressure and angle.

Hair getting tougher? Maybe a slightly sharper blade would cut better, possibly even saving you a pass. German Wilkies, 7 O'Clock SS (St. Petersburg), Personna Lab Blues (USA)

Have you changed soaps? I find a correlation between the quality of my lather and the quality of my shave.

OK, then they're most likely the new sharper Extras. Closer to the Derby Premiums.

Other possibilities:

Has your technique changed? Concentrate on pressure and angle.

Hair getting tougher? Maybe a slightly sharper blade would cut better, possibly even saving you a pass. German Wilkies, 7 O'Clock SS (St. Petersburg), Personna Lab Blues (USA)

Have you changed soaps? I find a correlation between the quality of my lather and the quality of my shave.

I have a very light beard - only shave every 2 days. That was always a plus for me until I discovered wet shaving and all the goodies that can come with it. Now I'm depressed that it doesn't grow faster :001_cool:

So I never make extra passes - there's nothing left after the first. Maybe the fact that my beard is very light has something to do with the sensitivity?

My technique hasn't changed (that I'm conscious of). As for soaps, I have my favs and I'm always trying one or 2 new ones, so overall, not much change.

I verified that the 2 most aggressive razors I spoke about are NOT open combs. So it just must have to do with the angle of the blade. With the Razo Baby Smooth razors I never have a problem with any blade. They hold the blade to an extreme bent angle as you can see...

1616445552079.png

Top Bottom