What's new

Are Razorock Plissoft brushes worth it?

I've used an Omega boar (10005?) with a wood handle for the last five years and it has worked well, but now I'm considering getting a second brush. How do the Plissoft brushes hold up? Is there another synthetic that works better?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I've used an Omega boar (10005?) with a wood handle for the last five years and it has worked well, but now I'm considering getting a second brush. How do the Plissoft brushes hold up? Is there another synthetic that works better?

The only brush I now use. 22mm Plissoft type synthetic from Maggard. $10 and its a fantastic brush.

Screenshot_2020-08-12 Maggard Razors 22mm Black Handle Shaving Brush Synthetic Maggard Razors ...png

I started with an Omega 10005 too then moved to a 24mm Yaqi Silvertip badger. I've used my Omega once the last 18 months and my Silvertip twice. You wont believe the difference.

I currently have three and gifted two others before I was able to use them; none of them cost more than ten bucks. Also, the synthetics are great for daily use and/or travel as they dry quickly (but you probably knew that).

Are there "better" synthetics out there? There are certainly some that are more expensive. I guess it all depends on what you're looking for in a brush. Good luck with your quest.

Check out this chart and choose your synthetic based on the characteristics you’re looking for. Plissoft is good, in my opinion, but the Timberwolf (Maggard Razors) and the SilksSmoke (APShave Co) are my favorites for my liking. APShave Co is on Etsy.

proxy.php

... I’d rather be shaving! [emoji631]

The Razorock Plissoft is a good enough brush if you like soft and flexible fibres. I prefer something with a bit more backbone, like the Tuxedo knots used by Yaqi, or the Simpsons Chubby 2 synth, although the latter is a bit expensive. There are a lot of good synth knots around, but what's best for you depends on what characterustics you're after.

The Razorock Plissoft is a good enough brush if you like soft and flexible fibres. I prefer something with a bit more backbone, like the Tuxedo knots used by Yaqi, or the Simpsons Chubby 2 synth, although the latter is a bit expensive. There are a lot of good synth knots around, but what's best for you depends on what characterustics you're after.

That's the thing, I've never used a soft brush as I've only used the Omega boar I have. I like the Omega, but I'm curious about trying something softer.

I have a BC Silvertip that I got on the BST for like $7 and it's my FAVORITE synthetic by far.

Even new they are under $20

I have one of these as well that I purchased new after I started reacting to my animal hair brush and it's amazing. If it ever wears out, I'm buying another one.

I have one of these as well that I purchased new after I started reacting to my animal hair brush and it's amazing. If it ever wears out, I'm buying another one.

Yeah - it's my favorite of the Razorock. I have also tried the tuxedo, the Monster, and the 400 clone. They were ALL nice but the BC is definitely my favorite of the bunch.

Reactions: bjm

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The RR plissoft brushes are excellent. I have a few. The hold up. Got the first Plissoft when it first came out and it still looks and performs like new. I do favor the tuxedo knot now, and especially the timberwolf knot for their backbone. But I still use the plissoft brushes as well. All great.

I've been using a RR Plissoft for a couple of years and it looks and feels brand new. I rank it among the great bargains I've encountered in wet shaving.

You won't be disappointed. The RR Plissoft is right up there with the best. I like synthetics. They require no breaking in, no soaking either, use very little product, lather well, feel gentle, wash out quickly, and dry out in an hour.

Loving my Pilssoft Big Bruce in rotation. It's very different from boar brushes, but very soft and feels good on face.

Top Bottom