What's new

Are Basic Numbers and Letters Even Taught in School Anymore?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Too funny! Sorry to hear about the day-old ant-infested food delivery. Ants really like it when you leave food lying around...it's like an ant party.

Diet Rhubarb Dr-Prepper ... damn that sounds so good, ground up beetle wings artificial sweetener and a reddish flavor withe the bouquet of a mules armpit.

Too funny! Sorry to hear about the day-old ant-infested food delivery. Ants really like it when you leave food lying around...it's like an ant party.

Unfortunately for them, I don't mess with lame box-store ant sprays. I brought Cy-Kick to their party and slaughtered them all instantly, including the come-latelies, as it's residual.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
The clutch will last 150-200k miles, which is not bad. Also, a replacement is not expensive on common budget cars.
Check out the cost of replacing a CVT transmission. I hear tell they’re only good for 80-100k miles. It’s getting harder and harder to find a car with a manual transmission.
Now I’ll digress and bring up a fond memory. When my boys were learning to drive I owned a pickup truck with a manual trans. My house is on a hill with a long gravel road leading to it.
The challenge was to stop halfway up the hill with one foot on the brake and the other holding the clutch in. Now the challenge was to continue up the hill without throwing gravel and not killing the engine. Like Grasshopper walking on the rice paper without wrinkling it. TV show Kung Fu. Remember that show?

Spraying the
Vegg around just wouldn’t be fair. 🔥

In NJ, I probably would have had to disclose spraying with Vegg when we sold the house in 2020. To sell, the town made us get permits for everything done by prior owners who never applied for permits. It was a cash cow for a town that never cared in the past.

When your order comes to $8.25 and you hand them $10.25 to get bills back (or a Toonie in my case), take a look at their face.

They usually have no clue what to do or why you are handing them bills and coins.
Thats not new. 10 years ago or so a girl working the snack bar at the local movie house was lost when l handed her exact change with a bill a couple dollars higher than the amount. She had to get the manager to help.

1685190755539.png

Top Bottom