What's new

Are any razor makers working or looking into a premium injector?

Does anyone know if Blackland, Colonial, ikon, Razorock are looking into a stainless steel premium injector?

Shane from Blackland has stated he intends to release an injector later this year.

Razorock responded to an Instagram comment question that they will not make an injector because they don't think they would sell due to limited blade availability. I wonder if the popularity of the new Parker adjustable injector may have changed their mind?

Shane talked about experimenting with some designs, but last I heard there were no guarantees that he would ever release it

Definitely. I just have other things on my plate first. Also, the type of injector I want has changed forms several times so I'm still narrowing in on a design direction, functionality type, materials, and cost. Lots of ideas and not much time!
Awesome, I'll try not to hold my breath but I will definitely keep an eye out!

After all, my two blackbirds and my vector get lonely.

The Supply stainless may meet your criteria. Maggards may still have the no longer made Mingoose in stock.
Supply is a decent shaver, I bought one when they first came out. My problem with them was that the blade stops were about 3mm tall, so I was effectively shaving with 2/3 of the width of the blade.

I used a diamond plate to take the stops down to 1mm, and shorten & round the guard, and is now one of my favorites.

If they haven't changed the stops, I could not recommend it, at its current price-point.

Mine is the V2 and no such problem.
20210121_085103.jpg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
How's the lay of the land for injector blade choices? I have not used an injector since the 1960s. There were only a few choices back then.

How's the lay of the land for injector blade choices? I have not used an injector since the 1960s. There were only a few choices back then.

I think there are two choices, Chinese Schicks (aka Chicks) and Personna. Anyone know of other choices?

eric

Mongoose had the Mingoose a while back that took injector blades. It landed with a great thud. I’d thought about trying one out but I was never able to get much feedback on the actual shave from anyone who owned one.

Last edited:
D

dangerousrazor

I've heard YPM is
Mongoose had the Mingoose a while back that took injector blades. It landed with a great thud. I’d thought about trying one out but I was never able to get much feedback on the actual shave from anyone who owned one.

My experience with Mingoose was very similar or identical to the one with Mongoose Batch2. Efficient but a bit harsh. Never enjoyed shaving with it.

Top Bottom