What's new

Arco -v- Tabac Stick for SR Shaving

After over a week of using the Tabac stick almost exclusively, I have decided that the Tabac stick is not for me. I will keep it for occasion future use when the mood takes me. Next time I use one of my replaceable blade SR's I might give it another go.
Due to smell or performance?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Due to smell or performance?
I quite like the scent of Tabac, but I also like the scent of Arko. That might tell you something. My decision was made more on performance. My Arko gives me a better shave than Tabac. It may just be my lathering technique but that is just the way it is.

I quite like the scent of Tabac, but I also like the scent of Arko. That might tell you something. My decision was made more on performance. My Arko gives me a better shave than Tabac. It may just be my lathering technique but that is just the way it is.

Arko is pretty hard to beat when it comes to price/performance. I think the law of diminishing marginal returns comes into play too. I've found many soaps 20x the price of Arko, and though some are better, I haven't found one that is twice as good, let alone 20x as good. YMMV. :)

Last edited:
Arko or Tabac for SR shaving in a stick form? Nothing can beat Arko in price for performance. Tabac good in over all but pricier. But for a something better (slickness, post-shave effect etc.), I’m thinking of putting some MWF into a tabac stick canister.

Irrespective of its bathroom urinal scent, Arko's lather is amazing!
Totally enjoyed my Arko shave recently!

arko taylor kai royalle muske rudy vey speick feather june 4 5 2021.jpg

Top Bottom