What's new

Aqua Velva Ice Blue

I've been an aftershave balm recently and wanted to try something with alcohol in it. Not wanting to put much money into it, I decided to go with something inexpensive first - Aqua Velva Ice Blue. I had my first aftershave with it today and it was quite nice. I find myself pleased at the tingle and the mild scent.

mikhou

To me, the Aqua Velva Ice Sport has a modern nautical scent. Some may refer to it as an Aqua type scent.

Worth the $4 and change to me and I can get it at any local drug store.

I do like the scent of Ice Blue. I've smelled it when other people were wearing it and had to ask what it was because it had such a clean and appealing aroma. Then I tried it on myself and couldn't stand it....completely different. As the old saying goes, "YMMV".
I do use Aqua Velva Musk, really like that one.

AV Ice Blue is indeed a shaving classic!!

noxzema merkur red imp aqua velva october 20 2021.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
A few years ago, B&B's own Vez22 posted his recipe for Blue Floid combining 4711 and Aqua Velva in a 60/40 mixture.

60% 4711 aftershave
40% Aqua Velva

For me, this mixture is simply magnificent.

This might get me to open my wallet!

Edit: we need a link!

Edit to my edit: yes I am a moron, @redrako !

Unfortunately, I nevertheless have used the actual Floid Blue, so can't vouch for the closeness of Vez's mixture. However I regularly use Episilon's Blue as well as RazoRock's Aftershaving Splash. These are both fine splashes, but IMO, slightly fall short of Vez's mixture.

Vez22, along with OkieStubble were both pioneers in combining inexpensive drugstore aftershaves into something better. These blends go by the name, Bootleggers and/or badger blends.

Top Bottom