What's new

AP Shave razor

I have tried it a few times and just find it uncomfortable. Something about the blade or the hard and sharp plastic fins just doesn't work for me. I tend to use slicker creams. Maybe it needs more cushioning lathers?

I find it pretty smooth. Have you tried putting a bit of pressure on the top of the cartridge and engaging the pivot to its center point? That works for me.

I also take longer strokes than I would with a DE.
Pushing on the middle bar of the cart does seem to result in a better shave. A bit of a design flaw though.

Now that Labor Day is over, I've wrapped up a few summer trips and were taking these along with me when I flew. I agree that they're a bit rough feeling to use, and I'm not sure I really feel them smooth down all that much in subsequent shaves as Sharpologist says, although I actually think the quality of shave is very nice once done.

I do enjoy the single blade in a format that does not require going to a full disposable like a guard or a metal. On the road, I can find multi-blade cartridges a bit cloggy and mismatched to a shave stick.

Now that Labor Day is over, I've wrapped up a few summer trips and were taking these along with me when I flew. I agree that they're a bit rough feeling to use, and I'm not sure I really feel them smooth down all that much in subsequent shaves as Sharpologist says, although I actually think the quality of shave is very nice once done.

I do enjoy the single blade in a format that does not require going to a full disposable like a guard or a metal. On the road, I can find multi-blade cartridges a bit cloggy and mismatched to a shave stick.
Dorco blades always feel rough for me. I wonder if stropping them would even them out? Something like a razor pit or denim?

Top Bottom