What's new

AoS Straight?

Any opinions on the Art of Shaving branded straight razor that's actually made by Thiers Issard? Found one for sale and didn't know anything about it.

Maybe I accidentally violated a forum rule? If I did in asking this question, mods please delete this thread.

It’s not a violation.

I guess you’ll have to wait for someone who’s had their hands on one to speak up. In the past there were complaints of TIs having wavy bevels or potentially warped blades. I have a new Le Grelot stamped blade that is essentially a TI C135 blade that’s comparable to what you’re looking at As I recall. I have no issues or complaints with mine.

if it looks good, at a price point you’re happy with, it should work fine

Yes the AoS razors are made by Thiers Issard.

I do own seven new C135 steel TI razors and one vintage one. Over the years I've read about dud TI razors, but I have no such personal experience. On the contrary I find them to be very well made and simply gorgeous. The C135 steel is harder than any other to me known modern razor, which I find to be a huge benefit. The downside is that the razors are expensive.

Thanks for the update. I recalled reading a post here somewhere that there were some brands not to be discussed on B&B and thought I had violated that.

I found one of these for sale, unused, for about half price and was curious.

I have found T-I razors to be kind of hit or miss. The grinds can be spot on or often wonky. Scales have a tendency to warp sooner than later. The C135 steel is among some of the best but can be tough to hone.
I have two...had others but one got stolen and two others had horrible grinds. The pair I own now have been rescaled. I think they are fine razors.
2BC930BC-5BB7-4FD3-8207-979902BF82CD.jpeg
657DB0E2-56B9-490A-A500-3B53CFD78176.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom