What's new

AOS Soap or Cream?

I'm going to place an order for some Art of Shaving Sandalwood. I can't make up my mind if I should get the soap or the cream. I enjoy using both soaps and creams, but in this case I can't have both. What is preferred by other users?

Get a soap.

In my opinion, their soaps are some of the best available, at least among the 20 or so soaps I've tried. I use the Lavender and Unscented regularly. There is an underlying faint clay-like scent that puts some people off, but it doesn't bother me.

The creams are pretty good, but not better than most like the soaps are.

I haven't used the AOS soap......but I know for a fact that you won't be disappointed if you get the cream. Amazing stuff.

I'm a soap user and a tallow lover. With that in mind, I suggest getting the cream. AOS soaps, to my nose, all have a slightly "off" / rancid-tallow scent to them. It's not that bad, but that combined with the light frag scenting, is a deal-breaker for me with AOS soaps.

Get the soap. Both are excellent and you will be happy with either one but for me the soap performs slightly better.

Generally speaking I think every soap or cream I've tried is superb and I could easily make do with just that one, but I have to say that after going through almost an entire puck of AOS sandalwood I think it is a little more superber than the others. Two legs good four legs better or something like that.

Point is the AOS soap is amazing to me. The cream is good too but there are others just as good for a lot less.

I'm going to place an order for some Art of Shaving Sandalwood. I can't make up my mind if I should get the soap or the cream. I enjoy using both soaps and creams, but in this case I can't have both. What is preferred by other users?

Soap. It's made by Valobra. The soap is aged, wonderfully. The sandalwood is amazing.

I once robbed an elderly woman so I would have enough money to purchase more of their soap. We've all done things in life that we've regretted. I often times look back and realize I should have also gotten her credit card so I could have purchased the matching cologne.

I'm a soap guy - so I vote soap in the wooden bowl (hey - you only live once)

But I have a travel size of the sandalwood cream and it's very good as well (for a cream that is)

Depends on what you're looking for really.

I've used both and can speak of both as it compares to other Sandalwoods as well.
If you want a well scented one, get the cream, but once you whip it up, the scent isn't nearly as strong.
If you like glide associated with tallow, get the soap. But keep in mind 90-95% of the scent is the clay/tallow base, and minimal sandalwood. That isn't to say it is bad, just not particularly a sandalwood one. I say this because I've used both the AOS sandalwood and lemon, and the scents were nearly identical once used a handful of times. The unused puck has a stronger individual scent.

Both perform very well. Personally however I like both performance and scent equally so I've opted to ditch my AOS and go between the Queen Charlotte Sandalwood cream & the Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood cream.
I hear VERY good things about TOBS Sandalwood, but cannot speak from personal experience.

FWIW, I'm a soap guy but neglected to be specific with Santa so I got the AOS Sandlewood cream and couldn't be happier. I've used it 4 times and I'm still working off the cream stuck to the underside of the lid. Used way too much product the first couple of shaves.

I noticed that you said you were going to place an order for the AoS product. If you can buy it at a brick & mortar store somewhere in Atlanta, then buy the soap and smile at the clerk for a few free cream samples. I love the soap.

I am not particularly a soap guy so I would say get the cream. I suspect this thread will be divided about evenly.

However, it's really a matter of personal preference and we all KNOW you're going to buy them both ANYWAY! So get on with it then!

I once robbed an elderly woman so I would have enough money to purchase more of their soap. We've all done things in life that we've regretted. I often times look back and realize I should have also gotten her credit card so I could have purchased the matching cologne.

You crack me up Kyle!

:lol::laugh:

Top Bottom