What's new

AOS Pre Shave Oil

So, was out of town for DD hockey tournament this weekend and we ended up at a mall that had an AOS Store, so I felt compelled to check it out.

Enjoyed looking around and chatting with one of the employees. As I was leaving after showing great restraint he gave me a little sample pack that included preshave oil, shaving cream and post shave balm.

I have to say I really liked the pre-shave oil and how it left my face feeling after a nice bbs shave. I also used the cream for the first time this morning and it was incredibly easy to whip into a thick creamy lather.

A bit on the pricey side, but nice products!

What is your favorite AOS product?

You'll find that a lot of people give AoS a lot of jazz, particularly for their prices, but I too find their products to be be of very high quality. I like the AS Balm as well. Enjoy!

Have used their Sandalwood oil, shave cream and after shave; their Ocean Kelp lotion, shave cream and after shave and now their Lavender oil. I also use their facial wash and facial scrubs. I've always wanted to try their face mask, wondering if anyone here has used it?

Sandalwood has been my favorite, I still have a few unopened tubs of cream that will take me a few years to use.

AoS has some pretty nice shaving creams. And they have some great travel containers that don't spill or make a mess.

They also have some great smelling hair products, facial washes, and facial lotions.

I've got some of the AS balm --- Castle Forbes is (IMO) much better, but it's also more expensive.

Re AOS, I agree with good quality of their products.
but where they shine, IMO, is in having so many brick mortar outlets with good customer service.
who else in this category offer similar?
My son ordered a Father's Day pack from them, shipped to me.
i already had some of the items, but the local AOS store graciously exchanged them for others that I "need".

on a prior occasion, AOS store gladly replaced a two year old badger that was starting to shed, with a smile.

i sometimes wonder if this biz model is cash-flow positive for P&G, or if they are using it more as a foothold and exposure to the high end mens grooming segment.

Re AOS, I agree with good quality of their products.
but where they shine, IMO, is in having so many brick mortar outlets with good customer service.
who else in this category offer similar?
My son ordered a Father's Day pack from them, shipped to me.
i already had some of the items, but the local AOS store graciously exchanged them for others that I "need".

on a prior occasion, AOS store gladly replaced a two year old badger that was starting to shed, with a smile.

i sometimes wonder if this biz model is cash-flow positive for P&G, or if they are using it more as a foothold and exposure to the high end mens grooming segment.

They should replace a brush with a smile considering you paid three times what it's worth if you bought at an AOS store.

I don't understand how anyone could possibly like t he pre-shave oil AOS or any kind for that matter. I tried a sample of their pre-shave oil and it was horrible. I couldn't wait to get it off my face. It is something that is totally unnecessary. Just get a can of motor oil as it would be a lot cheaper and go a lot further.
cottontop

I'm a big fan of the AOS oil. It works very well for me. That said, at $25 per bottle it started to get a little silly. After finding out that it was basically a mixture of Castor, Olive and Essential Oils (for fragrance), I decided to make my own. For about 12 bucks I can make about 8 times the quantity I get with AOS. All I do is mix 2 parts castor to 1 part olive oil. I don't even bother with the essential oil as the mixture doesn't smell offensive to me.

I used to love pre shave oils until I realized other techniques could suffice.

I got the unscented kit last Christmas--I have never used the balm and the oil maybe, MAYBE twice. Sounds like a PIF in the near future.

I recently 3017'ed a tub of their sandalwood shave cream. I obtained 114 fantastic, 3-pass shaves. Heavenly scent + wonderful performance = I will replace (once I get through my obscene amount of new RazoRock purchases). On the other hand, the balms perform very well but their value quotient is not very high (my opinion of course). I really like the Ocean Kelp ASB but I will not replace it because $40 (the cost of the AoS ASB) buys a LOT of equivalent performing balms from RazoRock, Nivea, Proraso, etc. Pre de Provence and L'Occitane Cade are similarly priced but have better performance and efficacy. I find that the AoS pre-shaves oils are in a similar/same bucket as their balms. I will skip over the "need it / do not need it" discussion that always comes up during a pre-shave oils topic. Again, I like the AoS PSOs but it is hard to justify the cost when you can make your own for practically a few dollars or go with other options that perform the same or better such as RazoRock and Stirling.

Have used their Sandalwood oil, shave cream and after shave; their Ocean Kelp lotion, shave cream and after shave and now their Lavender oil. I also use their facial wash and facial scrubs. I've always wanted to try their face mask, wondering if anyone here has used it?

Sandalwood has been my favorite, I still have a few unopened tubs of cream that will take me a few years to use.

I work for AOS so I may be bias, but I love the face mask. I use it 3-4 times a month. One little vial is good for 2-3 applications depending on how you use it. It is really great for those days when your shave is a little rough. Makes my skin feel great and gets rid of any minor nicks and clears up any redness and irritation. Probably not a "need" item, but I love it. I also love AOS shave soap in sandalwood and lavender and the lavender Balm. I still use a ton of different products because sickness requires me to try EVERYTHING!

I started out with their sandalwood oil when I got back into wet shaving. I enjoyed it, but found it quickly affected my brush, as it started to hold less water.

I only wish my skin liked it better. The oil smells nice, warms well while massaging in - but alas, I get ingrown hairs when I use it.

Their products are nice but you pay for the name really. I use oil depending on growth cause I have a thick beard but their product does work well

I recieved the AOS as a birthday present and thought it was nice. But when I'm buying, I just use baby oil cause it's a lot cheaper.

I work for AOS so I may be bias, but I love the face mask. I use it 3-4 times a month. One little vial is good for 2-3 applications depending on how you use it. It is really great for those days when your shave is a little rough. Makes my skin feel great and gets rid of any minor nicks and clears up any redness and irritation. Probably not a "need" item, but I love it. I also love AOS shave soap in sandalwood and lavender and the lavender Balm. I still use a ton of different products because sickness requires me to try EVERYTHING!

Although this thread is about AOS pre-shave, since I brought up the topic of the AOS mask, figured I'd continue it here. I had a discount email on AOS products, decided to purchase the AOS After-Shave Mask. Yeah, you can say it's a bit pricey for a box of 8 vials, but at the rate I'm using it, as I find with most of the AOS products, this stuff is a bargain. I'm still on my first vial and have used it 6 times already. I'll easily get 8-10 applications out of each. I can't see applying it any thicker.

I use it every couple of shaves. Dab it on in a few spots, rub it in and let it dry for 3-5 minutes. Then wash it off. It soothes my skin, tightens it up a bit and makes it feel great.

I also use their face wash and facial scrub from time to time. The face wash has a nice peppermint wake you up scent, and I often combine the two products as the scrub is fairly gritty and does a great job cleaning out pores.

For those on the fence about the AOS Mask, give it a try. I hemmed and hawed for a long time whether to spend that much on one product, but am glad I did.

I don't understand how anyone could possibly like t he pre-shave oil AOS or any kind for that matter. I tried a sample of their pre-shave oil and it was horrible. I couldn't wait to get it off my face. It is something that is totally unnecessary. Just get a can of motor oil as it would be a lot cheaper and go a lot further.
cottontop

I tried the pre-shave oil today and I will go a step further. It felt like a can of old STP.

Eww ....

So...I am a fan of Pre-Shave Oil...just not AoS'. I had a sample of their lavender PSO and while I liked the scent and it did achieve the desired purpose...it was a bit thick. I think the castor oil was the culprit. It also left an undesirable film in my sink. I use my own mixture of natural carrier oils that are not nearly as thick and do a better job. I do use an AoS AS Balm however, and think it is some great stuff. It's of the sandalwood variety.

Top Bottom