What's new

Anyone use a buter/dip warmer as a scuttle?

Yes, I have used the Norpro dip server. I was able to work up decent lathers in it, but its size might make it more of a brush scuttle for face-latherers, rather than a bowl-lathering scuttle.

I would be concerned about the candle in the butter warmer drying out the foam, plus the hassle of stocking and lighting candles all the time. I also have to wonder if the butter warmer is going to be large enough for your needs. The 3 inches/7.5cm diameter and .5 cup/4 ounce dimensions seem small.

The dip warmer actually looks like the better bet. It has twice the diameter of the butter warmer at 6.2 inches and three times the capacity at 1.5 cups. The design is similar to the two part scuttles that I have seen. My only question, due to my lack of experience with scuttles, is whether or not the space between the inner and outer containers holds enough hot water to do much good.

I don't recall seeing anything about the butter warmer, but there were several threads a couple years ago about the dip server.

Top Bottom