What's new

Feather dx folding vs feather ss fixed handle

I just ordered the feather ss of of amazon from an amazon store that says it’s feather’s shop.

I’m also going to order the folding dx later but I’m wondering if counterfeits are common because it looks to be too good off a price (133 instead of 236 and the ss was 66 instead of 120)

Here’s some links , can someone pls take a look and see if they look like authentic feather brand products

Here’s the link to the ss
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006...feather+ss&dpPl=1&dpID=21qipA3RvrL&ref=plSrch

And here’s the dx

https://www.amazon.com/Feather-Fold...t=&hvlocphy=9031003&hvtargid=pla-440708739500

Why don't you try to get one of a member here and you know it'll be the real deal?

I've message life2short for his inputs.

Cheers,

Mawashi

I just ordered the feather ss of of amazon from an amazon store that says it’s feather’s shop.

I’m also going to order the folding dx later but I’m wondering if counterfeits are common because it looks to be too good off a price (133 instead of 236 and the ss was 66 instead of 120)

Here’s some links , can someone pls take a look and see if they look like authentic feather brand products

Here’s the link to the ss
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006...feather+ss&dpPl=1&dpID=21qipA3RvrL&ref=plSrch

And here’s the dx

https://www.amazon.com/Feather-Fold...t=&hvlocphy=9031003&hvtargid=pla-440708739500

I would not be too concerned and razor and packaging look original.
I have seen similar prices from other vendors in Japan and this is where I would start looking if I needed more.

In my case, the razor arrived from Japan without any import duties, so the listed price was what I ultimately paid.

B

M

member 119848

I also bought my DX and SS on ebay from a japanese seller. They costed me the same price as listed by @The Cutthroat. Yes, they are authentic!
The less middlemen there are between manufacturers and end-users, the less expensive the products are. I´m sure that´s what explains everything.

Ive bought a couple Feather razors from Amazon, folding and fixed Feather SS and they were both legit. One thing to remember about Amazon is that they buy in such bulk that they can sell them at much cheaper prices.

What would you guys say seems better If I’m trying to get as close as possible to a DE shave.

Is the ss or dx the one I want

Because I already have the ss mon folding so is there any point to getting the folding ss

Or should I get the folding dx next

What would you guys say seems better If I’m trying to get as close as possible to a DE shave.

Because I already have the ss mon folding so is there any point to getting the folding ss

I wanted a folding to protect the blade and give me a true Western SR experience. Another member mention that with the folding the handle is out of the way, good point I think

Folding or non-folding is more about personal choice. Whether you like the idea of easier storage (folding) versus a something closer to a traditional Japanese kamisori (non-folding). Both handle styles will shave the same but have a different feel in the hand.

The SS and DX have a different "blade" profiles and made from slightly different materials. The DX is closer to a traditional straight, while in theory the SS can help with skin stretching to help make the shave a tad bit easier to execute.

To answer your specific question you might want to get the folding DX next just to experience the differences in both aspects. To see the differences in hand grips and how they shave the face. Once you master shaving technique either style should work for you and provide close shaves.

Personally I like the folding handle like a regular straight. I usually pinch the handle down over my last finger on the spine to help lock in the straight to my hand. Helps a little with leverage to keep the razor from getting twisty so I can maintain more consistent blade angle.

... The DX is closer to a traditional straight, while in theory the SS can help with skin stretching to help make the shave a tad bit easier to execute...
My understanding was that the DX is more similar to a wedge blade profile, whereas the SS, thanks to its bump/lip, is more like a half hollow-ground SR. I've opted for the non-folding SS, given I have a real SR with near-wedge profile (which I love BTW).

My understanding was that the DX is more similar to a wedge blade profile, whereas the SS, thanks to its bump/lip, is more like a half hollow-ground SR. I've opted for the non-folding SS, given I have a real SR with near-wedge profile (which I love BTW).
The DX is more of a wedge, maybe a quarter hollow. The SS is not really much more hollow given the stiffness and thickness needed to hold the blade plus the lip. But it is certainly a more different straight razor experience, a bigger difference than the DX. I think you will enjoy it.

Top Bottom