What's new

Anyone here like small brushes?

My larger hands find Wee Scott ergonomically challenging. Case is a good fit for me, and I find it to be an excellent lather tool. There's is something to be said for comfortable handles.

I used to "load it like I hate it", but some of the higher priced soaps/creams, not only makes me rethink that - they perform so well they do not require it at all (unless your practicing the 8 pass shave). A smaller brush woks well for this. I still can get 3 passes from ADP, using Simpsons case brush. Although I've no qualms reloading the brush as needed.

Small brushes are just another weapon in the war of the whiskers!

Thanks for listing these. I've never heard of some of these brushes before like the 1320M Pony and Wide Waist. I did here about the 1320 but I think the hair is different.

If you haven't already, you can get in on the Wide Waist PIF I'm running -- "for small brush aficionados".

The 13120M is 35% mane/65% tail as opposed to the regular 13120, which is 50-50. I wanted the stiffer variety.

Just used my Simpson Case again as I was on the road and it is my travel brush. But it is also a great all around brush - the small size doesn't impede performance and is a nice change of pace. Once I get my shave down I will start rotating brushes and the Case will be part of that regular line up.

Love my Omega Mixed Midget (I've always thought that name seems way politically incorrect). I once went a year using almost nothing else. It's got just a bit of scrubbiness and is a superb face latherer.

Very cool Karl just checked out that brush thanks

I am very pleased with it. In fact, it is hard to find anything I'd want to change about it other than perhaps a version in super badger. However, even in best badger, it only has a minor amount of scritchiness and is a pleasure to use.

Just got an Omega Synthetic in the mail last week. Was a lot smaller than I was expecting from the picture. Small knot, bristle hair was short, and the handle was short. I was kinda disappointed in it when i tried to lather in a bowl with it, as i kept hitting my fingers against the side of the mug.

So, today I decided to use it to face lather. WOW! I never had such good lather from my Proraso before (and Yes, I know, Proraso is pretty easy to lather, but still). I started out face lathering, then went to bowl lathering. Now, I'm starting to think maybe there's something to using a small brush with a croap and face lathering. The face feel of the brush was great too.

Think I have a new favorite brush!

Just got an Omega Synthetic in the mail last week. Was a lot smaller than I was expecting from the picture. Small knot, bristle hair was short, and the handle was short. I was kinda disappointed in it when i tried to lather in a bowl with it, as i kept hitting my fingers against the side of the mug.

So, today I decided to use it to face lather. WOW! I never had such good lather from my Proraso before (and Yes, I know, Proraso is pretty easy to lather, but still). I started out face lathering, then went to bowl lathering. Now, I'm starting to think maybe there's something to using a small brush with a croap and face lathering. The face feel of the brush was great too.

Think I have a new favorite brush!

What omega brush is it? Model number?

What is "small"? No bigger than ??mm knot?

I really enjoy my small brushes: 10066, B&B Essential, Century (vintage) and no-name bras-handle (vintage). The Omega has the biggest knot at 24mm, and it borders on too big for me. I think I'm happiest with a 20mm to 22mm knot.

Okie, that's lovely!
Most of my brushes are between 18 and 20mm. I have one 22mm and a 24mm on the way, just for a bit more variety.
But that 18-20mm is a sweet spot for me.
I read on forums all the time something like, "Face lathering with a small knot is so much work, I like big knots to cover my face easier". Or something along those lines.
I bowl lather most of the time, but of the few times I've face lathered this was a non issue for me; an 18-20mm knot, with the proper loft for that knot, splays on my face properly and covers a lot of territory(most of mine are restores/re knots, so I set the loft as I want).
I like variety in my den, so I'll have a range of sizes available. But that 18-20mm spot is where I hang out most often.
YMMV.

Top Bottom