What's new

Anyone have an outdoor shave set up after being in swimming pool ?

I am thinking about doing some summer shaving after being in my pool outside. I figure my beard is nice and hydrated , so why not ? I would have a big plastic cup of water for rinsing the razor and one for dipping the brush in.
Anyone else do this ?

I am thinking about doing some summer shaving after being in my pool outside. I figure my beard is nice and hydrated , so why not ? I would have a big plastic cup of water for rinsing the razor and one for dipping the brush in.
Anyone else do this ?

I wouldn't due to the chlorine, it dries out the skin and is generally rough for it. Follow that up with a shave and you are just asking for trouble. The other problem is due to the skin tightening the hairs will show more, so you might actually get a bunch of ingrowns. The reason being that you are cutting to closely so that when the skin goes back to normal, you have a bunch of hairs under the skin. But this is just what I am thinking, try it and see how you like it. I personally wouldn't subject my skin to such a torture test.

My neighbor has a beer float in his pool also , this will be my next move..

OK, now you have my attention. I did a quick search and most return beer pong floats. I take it that isn't what you mean. Does he have a floating cooler with holders, something like this?

$poolCooler.jpg

That's awesome.

BTW, I do like your post pool outdoor shave idea. Sounds like a perfect time--when you wash off the chlorine.

When I travel I take a large corning ware bowl that I use to shave out of. Use a shave stick for lather

Also take a green plastic coffee mug that I soak my brush in (may forgo this next trip as I now have some synthetic brushes that don't require soaking).

When I travel I take a large corning ware bowl that I use to shave out of. Use a shave stick for lather

Also take a green plastic coffee mug that I soak my brush in (may forgo this next trip as I now have some synthetic brushes that don't require soaking).

The green Marvy rubber shave mug would be perfect!

$wm_normal_MarvyRubberMug.JPG

I shave after swimming three days a week. But there are two showers in between; a quick rinse and the gym and a full shower at home before the shave. The chlorine is a killer without proper prep.

I have and used it. I am totally agreed that It is with loads of storage under the seats and the fully adjustable sun shade. However, its prices are bitterly high as compare to other brand.
The most interesting feature....... It is a low smoke charcoal kettle grill.

Am quite jealous that you have used one of these suckers...

Top Bottom