What's new

Anyone else old enough to remember these commercials?

Hi,

I don't remember all of them, but it seems I remember an uncomfortable number of them. Man I'm getting old.......

Still, I do enjoy the memories they bring back!!!!!!

This is fun. Can anyone make out what razor our steel driving man John Henry is using?
He's using a brush and mug too. Already a rarity in 1971.

Finally, the blade that later became the legandary "Light Brigade"....I believe....could be wrong..it happens from time to time

Interesting. So about 40-50 years ago (?) these blades retailed at $0.79 for 5 blades or about 16 cents each. Premium blades are more expensive in 2019 but as we know many good blades can be bought in bulk for that price today.

Blades were more expensive, relatively, back then. That .79 cents translates to just under 7 dollars today. For five blades.

AHHH this is a great thread! I can't say I was alive during most of these commercials run times, but I enjoy them no less!

For whatever reason, most shaving commercials never stood out in my mind. The exceptions are some Hai Karate, that Noxzema Shaving Cream commercial, one for Wilkerson Sword with the cross swords, and the Norelco Santa commercial. Maybe it was because we didn't watch much televised sports.

For whatever reason, most shaving commercials never stood out in my mind. The exceptions are some Hai Karate, that Noxzema Shaving Cream commercial, one for Wilkerson Sword with the cross swords, and the Norelco Santa commercial. Maybe it was because we didn't watch much televised sports.

Actually Raisser, is you add Jade East it's the same for me.

Top Bottom