What's new

Anyone else lather their face on days you dont shave...

I thought about this, ive done it a few times, i usually clean my face with dove soap in the shower, ive learnt not to wash my face just before i shave as it seems to create a small amount of drag (for me anyways)

The last week or so ive been lathering my face in between shave days (im a once every 2-3 days guys)

Ive been using this for my exfoliating/cleaning and just rinsing it off in the shower.

ive been using MWF for this.

am i crazy?

anyone else follow suit?

I shave every morning, but if I do something active in the evening or on the weekends (breaking a sweat), I'll grab another shower and lather up with some Proraso Green tub to wash my face. Great chilling blast!

I only do it whenever I get a new soap, as I like to do a test run of lathering it before putting a blade to my skin...

i do occasionally, with tallow soaps only (they dry my face out far less than any others that i've tried). i typically use Arko whenever my face feels especially oily, since i no longer use any normal face soap. i started doing oil cleansing, but sometimes i'll binge-work for like 30+ hours straight under high stress and wind up with intensely oily skin. in that state, i lather up with a tallow soap and my silvertip fibre synth brush (to reduce brush soaking time), rinse, then perform my standard oil cleanse again afterward.

I thought about this, ive done it a few times, i usually clean my face with dove soap in the shower, ive learnt not to wash my face just before i shave as it seems to create a small amount of drag (for me anyways)

The last week or so ive been lathering my face in between shave days (im a once every 2-3 days guys)

Ive been using this for my exfoliating/cleaning and just rinsing it off in the shower.

ive been using MWF for this.

am i crazy?

anyone else follow suit?

I do not "face lather" as such, since I never face lather when shaving either. The brush only irritates my skin. But I do use Tabac or Palmolive as a facial soap as well by using the shave stick to build some proto-lather on my palm without a brush when washing my face or showering.

witch hazel is always refreshing!

skin felt great after lathering and shower, feels soft and comfortable this morning.

I lather my face every day.. I also shave every day too. :lol:

+1 - I never gave a thought to lathering up without shaving. It seems like a waste of shaving soap, but it is jus soap. I guess for this purpose it wouldn't be that different from bath soap or Noxema.

I guess my question would be, if you go through the trouble of lathering up why wouldn't you just go ahead and shave while the lather is on? It would add a little extra time but not too much.

I guess one could jump in the shower with a big brush like the Omega 9 and a big bowl of lather. Who says face lather can only be used on the face? :O)

I do it sometime, the days I don't shave. After all the face need to be cleaned, what is best than a soap and a badger ?

@Augustiner, not everyone can shave everyday or every 2nd day, my face sometimes needs a rest, also seem to have a better shave when my beard is 3 days old rather than 2, espesh if I've had an ultra close shave previously.

I'm guilty of this...more because I like practicing my lathering than anything else. But I stick to the tallow based soaps for this as well.

I've done this a few times, and it works out well. I got some rave compliments from a Cosmetics Lady at the mall over the condition of my skin, even with 3 days worth of stubble. (She wasn't just buttering me up to sell me stuff, she was off-the-clock and hanging out with a mutual friend of ours ... but the conversation turned to talk about shaving, and well, with that topic on the table, I can talk for hours and hours.)

Most of the time I lather without shaving, its by accident. I will lather up and let it sit for a few minutes while I go putter around on the InterWebs, but sometimes, I get distracted and never get back to the shave-den to actually put a blade to my face.

Still, there's no reason why this couldn't become part of the daily routine for those that don't shave daily ... the various moisturizers that go into shaving cream are good nutrition for your skin, whether you choose to shave that day or not.

Top Bottom