What's new

Anybody play cowboy?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Nope. I called the guy's shop...he runs it out of his house. He doesn't have any in stock; when someone wants something he orders it from his supplier.

I don't know why his website said "Only six left" unless that's all his "supplier" had in stock.

Oh well.

I've about decided on a Model 36 J-frame, but when I asked him if he could order one he looked and said that since they were so new he didn't think he could order one from S&W, then checked some more and said he might be able to get one. :eek2:

I had been having some accuracy problems with my Colt Cobra since I got it...nothing real bad but not what I thought it should be. I was even thinking that the muzzle crown may have been slightly damaged but I talked to Frank Glenn and he said to clean the barrel good and shoot 25-30 rounds through it. The lead streaks should be even and uniform in the barrel if the crown was okay.

I had ran a Lewis Lead Remover through it several times and it still wasn't where I thought it should be. I had picked up some J-B Bore Compound and cleaned it per directions, then went out to fire 25 rounds to check the lead streaks at the muzzle. The first shot was not only in the X ring...it cut out the X! The accuracy had picked up to be good, and the lead streaks were even. I had also checked the side to side play and end shake on the cylinder (typical Colt bank vault lock-up), the barrel cylinder gap was 0.007 at full lock-up, the chamber throats measured .355, and when I slugged the barrel it measured .352. Mr. Glenn said that was well within tolerance for the little Colt.

I guess the J-B compound polished out something that the lead remover didn't catch. There were some lead streaks in the barrel when I bought it so I don't know how well or how often the guy that owned it before I got it cleaned and maintained it, but it shoots great now.

Yea for the Colt Cobra straightening up and flying right after the J-B treatment. J-B's a staple here, useful for cleaning up the odd neglected gun acquired or the oldies which may have less than pristine bores.

I keep thinking I'll go down to Fredericksburg and fetch home a .38-40 Cimmaron Arms revolvers, but haven't "a round tuit" yet.

Top Bottom