What's new

Anybody ID this Twisted A.K.A. Slant head ?

I got this from a forum member who had pity on an old guy trying to put together a collection of twisted head (commonly known as slant ) razors. I have searched far and wide and and can come up with no info on the maker. Anybody heard of Ibsen ?

proxy.php

Only as a playwright. That razor looks as though the blade is not twisted, but rather simply bent on a tilted platform, so that it runs down the left on one side, and down to the right on the other. The Merkur Slant, like most, is twisted so that it runs down to the right on both sides.

I have one of the non-twisted slants, and I don't much care for it, FWIW.

Only as a playwright. That razor looks as though the blade is not twisted, but rather simply bent on a tilted platform, so that it runs down the left on one side, and down to the right on the other. The Merkur Slant, like most, is twisted so that it runs down to the right on both sides.

I have one of the non-twisted slants, and I don't much care for it, FWIW.

In my quest for more of this style razor I have run into many old razor collectors who refer to these as twisted head rather then slant. I have begun to refer to them that way myself. To me a true slant is a razor such as a Mulcato that has the head slanted on the handle.

To me, that razor looks like a bona-fide "Slant", like the Merkur. The lower-left picture has "D.R.G.M." imprinted on the head, which stands for "Deutsches Reich Gebrauchsmusterschutz" (something like Patent no. in Germany before WWII). I think this might in fact be a precursor to the Merkur Slant. There recently was a thread about such a predecessor to the Merkur model, but I don't have the time to search for it right now. Best - MM

Top Bottom