What's new

Anybody have info on new production of Merkur's

I have been hearing lately that many vendors are out of stock in Merkur razors. Does anybody know if and when Merkur is planning to replenish the stock?

I am specifically looking for a 37G model, but I am not sure if they will be producing any new gold plated models.

To answer my own question I found this from Attila yesterday here:

Merkur/Dovo is experiencing some issues with third party suppliers for parts on the slant. They are still making the slants but the parts that are experiencing the problems are backordered and will be incorporated into the partially finished slants at that time. They are a number of weeks away from supplies going back to normal at the retailers for the slant razors. Might be a couple of months. Whatever is left at the retailers now is all that is left for a while...

I remember this sort of thing happening a few years ago where supplies were very hit and miss. Difficult for retailers though :-(

If you can't get a G, just buy a regular Chrome and I'll gold plate it for you :)

37G has been discontinued by Merkur.

37C and 39C are still in production, but backordered.

That is my understanding.

I remember this sort of thing happening a few years ago where supplies were very hit and miss. Difficult for retailers though :-(

If you can't get a G, just buy a regular Chrome and I'll gold plate it for you :)

I've heard good things about Onotoman's work.

Merkur should just ditch the Zamach/potmetal and go with all brass, especially the heads of the razors and plate them in nickel or chrome.

Merkur should just ditch the Zamach/potmetal and go with all brass, especially the heads of the razors and plate them in nickel or chrome.

I wholeheartedly agree! I would be willing to pay the extra premium if Merkur were to put out a 'brass line' of their razors.

Top Bottom