What's new

Any putter aficionados out there?

Hello all! Was just wondering if anybody here collects or plays with custom or high end putters? For example, Scotty Cameron, Bettinardi, Swag, Piretti.

I have a Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport that i love. If not using that I have a milled Ping Vault black Oslo ordered custom from them with blue paint fill and an adjustable length shaft. That was my son’s putter for years while he was growing very fast. The putter grew with him. He now uses a milled blue Mizuno putter after using an Odyssey 2 ball triple track for a little over a season.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I can't hit a drive to save my soul so I hate golf. I'm pretty good at chip and putt... I find reading the greens fairly easy so I love the putting... but I'm so horrible, I've never tried to learn the game. It is a lot harder than it looks on TV. <eg>

I have a Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport that i love. If not using that I have a milled Ping Vault black Oslo ordered custom from them with blue paint fill and an adjustable length shaft. That was my son’s putter for years while he was growing very fast. The putter grew with him. He now uses a milled blue Mizuno putter after using an Odyssey 2 ball triple track for a little over a season.
You have great taste. The blue Mizuno sounds like the M craft series. Do you know the year on your SC Studio Style?

Used to play golf but have not in years
wife was the graphic designer for Kapalua where they used to have the MB Open so she used to do all the design and work that :)
I have a Bettinardi putter she got one year from the company as they used to give out a lot of stuff to the marketing team they would get 2 full sets of nice clothes from various companies etc.. lots of fun benefits she got and I got also

also used to be able to play the courses for free on Kapalua and on Lanai as I used to teach scuba in the islands so would trade the golf for diving and got to play free which was fun as they were some nice courses out there
KoeLe was a fun course such beautiful scenery

kinda thought would be fun to get into again though

so are putters a hobby for ya :)

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I used a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 for years, but I find I'm better with a mallet now. I'm currently using a Spider putter, but admit to being intrigued by the counter-weighted putters a few of the pros are using now.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have a very early Scotty Cameron 2, and I love it. Someone with more money than sense bought it, realized it was not a "one putt" putter, and traded it in. I fished out of the used putter bin for $25! I also have an Odyssey tank. The Scotty is more fun and fits my stroke better. I also have an old Bullseye that is still shiny and pristine. It is guaranteed to increase anyone's handicap!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have a very early Scotty Cameron 2, and I love it. Someone with more money than sense bought it, realized it was not a "one putt" putter, and traded it in. I fished out of the used putter bin for $25! I also have an Odyssey tank. The Scotty is more fun and fits my stroke better. I also have an old Bullseye that is still shiny and pristine. It is guaranteed to increase anyone's handicap!
Newport 2

Used to play golf but have not in years
wife was the graphic designer for Kapalua where they used to have the MB Open so she used to do all the design and work that :)
I have a Bettinardi putter she got one year from the company as they used to give out a lot of stuff to the marketing team they would get 2 full sets of nice clothes from various companies etc.. lots of fun benefits she got and I got also

also used to be able to play the courses for free on Kapalua and on Lanai as I used to teach scuba in the islands so would trade the golf for diving and got to play free which was fun as they were some nice courses out there
KoeLe was a fun course such beautiful scenery

kinda thought would be fun to get into again though

so are putters a hobby for ya :)

They are indeed a passion of mine. Just dropped $830 on a custom TP Mills.

Attachments

• y7h25lta8fwg.jpg
    y7h25lta8fwg.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
I used to play a lot and have a collection of putters from the 90s. I am old fashioned and love my Ping Anser 2 in nickel (my old Scotty Cameron Titleist Bullseye is a close second).

With that said, for those who love to putt and live near a golf course, spending 20 minutes or so on the putting green is often free (up to a respectful point) and can keep the fun alive until the next time you play.

The course near me has a second putting green and a practice sand bunker for that close game practice that feels kinda chip and putt like too. Then I hit the driving range and wonder where that slice and worm burners came from. Best to all.

Copper Bettinardi BB0. Same head design as the BB1 but with a Tour preferred wider flange.

Attachments

• Screenshot-2022-02-25-at-11.29.05-768x575.png
    Screenshot-2022-02-25-at-11.29.05-768x575.png
    631.8 KB · Views: 2
I used to play a lot and have a collection of putters from the 90s. I am old fashioned and love my Ping Anser 2 in nickel (my old Scotty Cameron Titleist Bullseye is a close second).

With that said, for those who love to putt and live near a golf course, spending 20 minutes or so on the putting green is often free (up to a respectful point) and can keep the fun alive until the next time you play.

The course near me has a second putting green and a practice sand bunker for that close game practice that feels kinda chip and putt like too. Then I hit the driving range and wonder where that slice and worm burners came from. Best to all.
The BeNi Anser 2 is my all time favorite. I have 3 of them and 2 Zing 2's. Great putters. Also have both in BeCu.

Top Bottom