What's new

Any Other Men Tried the Lady Gillette Starburst

I had an abundance of them from overbids. Tried one in the shower in place of the usual Gillette Guard. It worked well. Not quite idiot-proof like cartridges, but unusually mild.

I own a blue one and use it from time to time. It's not aggressive and delivers a nice shave.
I think blue is the most common and pink seems to be uncommon which is strange, after all
they were marketed to women. Gold wash is another color variant but I've never seen one in person.

I bought one for the TWGW and used it before turning it over to her. She enjoyed the shaves she got with it, but returned it to me when I got her a Lady Schick. I still use it occasionally, and get excellent shaves with it.

I've not shaved with that model but I do own a few "lady's" razors that shave exceptionally well

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

There is no real difference between Men's razors and Lady's razors.

The Lady Gillette has a longer handle for leg-shaving, but its basically the same as most other vintage TTOs.

The big difference with lady's shave gear (hardware and software) is that they come in pink or pastel colors and they cost more than the male equivalents.

I have a lite blue, dark blue, champagne, and pink lady starburst. I think they shave pretty well.

Yes, I have a blue Starburst. It is a very nice razor, smooth and comfortable. The long handle is nice to usel.

There is no real difference between Men's razors and Lady's razors.

The Lady Gillette has a longer handle for leg-shaving, but its basically the same as most other vintage TTOs.

The big difference with lady's shave gear (hardware and software) is that they come in pink or pastel colors and they cost more than the male equivalents.
It may be that I have limited experience (in fact none) with razors of that era. I have used only new razors from various parts of the world.
Compared to those, The Lady Gillette seems extremely mild to me. I scarcely feel the blade. I can tell the head gap width is minuscule. I cannot even see it without magnification. The guard is very much just that - a guard. Even with running it over body-shave areas fairly quickly, there are no nicks, cuts, or weepers.

The pink ones in mint condition fetch a premium price. $149 to $299 is common, especially if they qualify as NOS. Blue ones are abundantly up for bid. They often bid-up to around $30 but I've put out bids of barely more than $10, well less than $20 even after shipping, and won.

I've wanted to try one, I prefer long handles. If you're interested in a trade, perhaps we can swap a razor! PM me if you'd like to .

Ah, there's so many acronyms out there for our significant others now. I used to only see SWMBO, and I got used to seeing it. Now I can't keep track of them all. Every time I see a new one I can't figure out what it stands for. I didn't realize those were in the Wiki too.

I'm very fond of my blue model and everyone who sees it thinks it is indeed a very beautiful quality item.
And it shaves just as well as it looks .....

What setting on a Slim would replicate a Starburst? I'm thinking of getting a Starburst for my Niece, but for now I just might let her try my Slim to see if she would even want a vintage razor

Ad Astra

The Instigator
They are great razors ....

Mine shaves rather close- "Slim setting" 5, at least.

AA

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom