What's new

Any of you guys try

I've tried Bay Rum. Granted, my experience with other soaps is limited but I had a good shave with bay rum. From my experience it is a pretty decent and economical shave soap. Seems plenty slick to me and was really easy to lather. It definitely isn't an incredible soap, but for $4 a piece they seem to be pretty good value. I don't have much to compare it too but i'd be perfectly content if I had to use only this soap for the rest of my life and didn't have other options.

I've used Col. Conk, but eventually gravitated to others. It worked well enough for me, but I've found others that I prefer. Enjoy!

I've got a puck of the Bay Rum which I bought in my first month of DE shaving. I had trouble making good lather when I got it but I was mostly using creams and softer Italian soap then. I let it fall out of my rotation. A week or two ago, on a whim, I pulled it out of the back of my soap drawer and gave it another go. Now that my lathering technique is much better, I actually found it very easy to lather and fairly slick. While I probably won't buy any more of it. It is certainly usable and very cheap. I'm just loving tallow-based soaps much more.

Just your standard melt and pour. Won't let you down but won't blow you away. I keep a few unopened on hand and give to people because its a good first soap

Okay great, thanks guys. I'm looking forward to trying the lime scented one most. Might be my new summer soap we'll see. I'm not all that educated on tallow based soaps...what exactly does that mean, and what are the best brands of those?

Top Bottom