What's new

Any info on this razor?

Tuckmar Solingen

656745-c936143085b296c0acaf4a15b58c5ea5.jpg
656744-4915dae5aa4c9d19152d777af3f55b93.jpg

When I try to Google it I just get straight razor pics.

Thanks

There were so many companies making DE razors in Germany during the 20s and 30s that it's difficult — or impossible — to keep track of them all. A lot were copies of Gillette Old and New types, but this one looks a bit more interesting. I have a couple of German DEs from that period, neither with a brand name on. One shaves pretty much like an Old, but the other is super aggressive. Let us know what this one is like.

I haven't used it for awhile but I remember I enjoyed it.

Maybe even preferred it to my NEWs

Efficient & relatively smooth.

I would take it for another test run & report back but ATM I am testing some of my SE's.

I will chuck it in the test pile & report back in a few weeks. But I do remember it being GOOOOD.

R

romsitsa

Hello,

one of the numerous Solingen companies, the head looks very similar to the Swing AB.
Who exactly made the razor is hard to tell, many Solingen companies sold almost similar razors under different brand names.
Here is its "cousin":
Tuckmar Solingen DE razor

Adam

Hello,

one of the numerous Solingen companies, the head looks very similar to the Swing AB.
Who exactly made the razor is hard to tell, many Solingen companies sold almost similar razors under different brand names.
Here is its "cousin":
Tuckmar Solingen DE razor

Adam

Awesome.

In the thread it says they suspect it's all brass.
I kinda assumed the head of mine was zamac but hopefully it is brass.

Top Bottom