What's new

Any experiences with Nautica watches?

Hello all,

I have been in the market for a sporty watch or two, and a couple of Nautica watches caught my eye. They are relatively inexpensive (less than $100 USD), but I'd appreciate hearing from you if you have any personal feedback with Nautica watches.

As always, thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Dave

These are fashion watches. I believe they use a Japanese quartz movement. They have a nice design and will probably last a few years.

These are fashion watches. I believe they use a Japanese quartz movement. They have a nice design and will probably last a few years.

+1

I think you would better off looking for a Seiko 5, it comes with an automatic movement and will last for decades with proper care.

I agree that Seiko makes a better watch but if you do get an automatic you should have it cleaned and lubricated every few years to keep it functioning like new which will end up being several times more than the watch over your lifetime. As long as a quartz watch uses a replaceable battery and not a charging system that can go bad (Solar/Kinetic) it will last just as long as an automatic without the labor charges.

Thank you for the replies, everyone! Well, almost everyone. :001_tt2:

I ended up pulling the trigger on the Nautica watch and I really like how it looks. The watch is flashier than I would normally wear (by leaps and bounds!) but sometimes I think it is okay to get outside our comfort zones. The case diameter is 39mm, which is probably just about as big as I should go, given my smallish wrists.

Thanks again,

Dave

I understand Nautica to be under the Timex umbrella...I think the watch will be plenty reliable for you, and I agree that they are quite nice looking.

I bought a Nautica in Mexico about 8 years ago. Still runs fine. I just change the leather band every few years or so. Don't wear it every day, just usually in the spring and summer. Nice looking watch and dependable, all for a 100 bucks.

I have had a Nautica Watch for approx 12 years, Still Looks good and functions as it should. So for the cost, I got more than I could ask for.

Top Bottom