What's new

Any Exotic/Antique/Rare Gun Folks Out There?

Back home for an extended 4th holiday and I pulled the rifle from the safe and took a few pics.

Right side of the barrel has stamped "Cal22LR" and "Epreuve Finie"an arrow piercing a "D" inside of a circle, "PT" and the number 680
Left side of the barrel has stamped "Acier Hercule"
Top of the bolt has "Manufrange Saint Etienne" and "Buffalo: with a crossed cannon proof mark with an "M" and an "F"

Any help is appreciated.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My oldest is this original Colt Navy. Came from grandad and is a real prize.

That is something else. All the old time guns in this thread are amazing.

I think my oldest is a 1898 1894 Winchester saddle ring carbine.

I stand corrected. The rifle is 1921 manufacture. It really belongs to the wife, her mother and grandmother used it as a deer rifle. I believe I got the 1898 date in my head because my dad had one that early and traded it away.

This is a neat thread. I also have a German made Swedish M96 mauser (1899,) as well as a couple of Swiss K-31s with beautiful walnut stocks (one of them with tiger stripes from butt plate to nose cap.) I also have a nice SAKO M-39 Finnish Mosin that's money out to 715 yards (Furthest I've taken it so far.) I have a Persian 98/29 mauser that's in excellent condition. Also, you can probably tell by my name I also have a Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless .32. That's my screen name on all of the forums I'm on because it's the first gun I ever made a holster for.

Paul

Paul, grandad bought it in the 60"s for $35. If I could only have one left this would be the one. Nice to see you not lurking!

-Robert

Top Bottom