What's new

Any 36 hour shavers?

My problem with non-24h routines, is that I get sloppy. If I were to follow this 36-hour routine, I'll probably have forgotten how the schedules runs after two to three days.

This because you have to think about it. That's where the sloppiness creeps in. I either forget how the schedule was or simply skip because I might as well drag it out to the next time window.

"What was it again, Monday morning so then Tuesday evening ... 🤔"

Not for me.

My problem with non-24h routines, is that I get sloppy. If I were to follow this 36-hour routine, I'll probably have forgotten how the schedules runs after two to three days.

This because you have to think about it. That's where the sloppiness creeps in. I either forget how the schedule was or simply skip because I might as well drag it out to the next time window.

"What was it again, Monday morning so then Tuesday evening ... 🤔"

Not for me.

Nowadays I shave just when I want to, but I used to shave every 36 hours and the simple solution I found to track if it's been 36 hours or so is to feel how much growth I have with my hand... Once you've done it 2 or 3 times it's really easy to Track it without having to think your "was it Monday or Tuesday?"

But of course, to each their own!

Last edited:
less is more for me...less irritation and time to heal...first post, just saying its all variable...some people have velvet whiskers, for me mine are made of air hardened steel, so my blades and face need time to rest

A shave every 36 hours would be about ideal for me. However, I only shave after a shower because it softens my whiskers very nicely. And I shower at night. Rather than throw in an unnecessary morning shower, I stretch my shaves to every 48 hours. If something comes up I can do a 24 hour shave if necessary.

I’m experimenting with longer time between shaving. 4 days recently. There is something about 3+ days shaves.
I have found that skipping a few days in between shaves gives my face more time to “heal” from being scraped on. I always get a better shave the next time after I’ve skipped a few days.

Everyday shaver here. (Except today. I was under the weather this morning and barely had enough energy to get out of bed).
I just don't like stubble. I've grown beards a few times but it was torturous getting past that early, scruffy stage.

I don't like to be rushed with my shaves, so I shave exclusively in the evening. That prohibits me from adopting a 36-hour schedule. But I do like that routine in theory.

Top Bottom