What's new

Any 36 hour shavers?

I have been experimenting with shaving at 36 hour intervals. If I shave, say on Monday morning, I'll shave on Tuesday evening, then on Thursday morning, and so on.
At my age my whiskers no longer grow fast enough to shave every day, but my grown granddaughters like to kiss a smooth cheek, so that would eliminate shaving every other day. :biggrin1:
So I was wondering if anyone does anything similar.

I sometimes do this to even-out a seven-day week, because I'm lazy or to schedule a fresh shave before a social engagement. Now that I'm retired I can adopt any time cycle, and then ignore it, all I want. It all depends on your face, what it grows and how rapidly, and your schedule. Nuthin' wrong with that.

I do 3/4 shaves a week.

Sunday morning before church
Tuesday afternoon before church
Then Thursday or Friday evening, depending how busy/engaged I am those days.
And sometimes Saturdays, again depends on social life, some Saturdays I work around the house/yard/cars so no shave till Sunday again.
Other Saturdays are hanging out with family so shave for sure.

I am not one to crave shaving everyday as I find it more satisfying when I have a couple days growth, but I don't shy away from shaving if I know I’ll be around people and don't wanna look unkept.

It happens pretty often I extend the period between two shaves to 36 hours.
Suits my skin well.

Basically, I prefer a daily shave in the morning, but at times it gives some time-wise relief if I have to get up very early in the next day's morning. So that's a plus, too.

Back in the days I have tried the 36h routine. It is the best length. Easier to shave without cut and weepers and the shave is very close. Unfortunately with my black whiskers I cannot afford to shave every 36h. So 24h for me.

I’m an every other day shaver, but if I have an important social event I’ll cut that short and shave somewhere between 24-36 hours. Honestly with a 3-pass shave there’s not a huge need for me to shave every 24 hours, but by the end of the second day I can tell that it’s time. So…36 hours could work for me, but 48 better fits my schedule.

Used to shave 3 days a week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. After I got my Wolfman WR2 1.15, and trying out different blades, I'm shaving 6 days a week. Tuesday to Friday I shave 24 hours growth, Saturday and Monday 36 hours or so growth. I don't shave on Sundays.

I typically shave every morning. If I don’t, then every other morning, but after 24 hrs my beard has grown in enough that I need to shave and I have dark hair so it shows. Sometimes I will not shave my face for a week or two, I can pull it off because after 2 days it looks like I am trying to grow out a beard and there aren’t any patchy areas so it looks presentable. I’ll shave my neck area every other day during that time.

I often don’t have time to shave in the morning so a 36hour routine works for alternating morning and evening shave. It seems to also be the optimal balance of minimal growth and no irritation. I find daily shaving eventually irritates my skin.

I used to do that. Mornin one day, evening the following one.

But nowadays, I start to work between 5h30 am and 7am. Shaving in the morning was a bit less enjoyable becaue of time constraints. So I now shave everyday or the day after if I was too busy.

I was going to start a new thread. But it's always good to revisit the past.

As a 48hr shaver I'm now finding it's not enough. So I'm going to start 36hr shaving: Monday morning, then Tuesday evening, then Thursday morning, etc.

Curious how many other people do this.

:c2:

Top Bottom