What's new

Another trip to Geo F Trumper.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
If I were going to Jermyn St/St James I wouldn't bother buying any of the products you can purchase easily and often more cheaply online. I'd make an appointment at Floris where I would have them mix up as many bottles of New Mown Hay toilet water as I could afford. I'd probably need to walk in there with a wheelbarrow filled with money. The first Floris product I ever used, New Mown Hay was created around 1860 and discontinued in the 1980s. They will mix up a bottle or two, or bottles of several other long discontinued fragrances for you but you have to be there- you can't order it online and have it posted to you.

Of course, a Canadian friend in London on holiday could pop in to Floris and get me a couple naggins...

Last edited:
Harrods botched our reservation.

So Tea for us was at Sketch on Conduit & Regent. A tad less conventional but my daughters loved it all the same. The ballerina’s performance made the experience one for a lifetime to my youngest.

But then there’s the egg pods to contend with …

0A8FC091-15B6-4983-A1F0-5DD7CF291043.jpeg

Looking forward to checking out Trumper's again. I'm flying out from Toronto at the end of March and will be spending a few days in London. The wallet (and the wife) may be cursing my name by the end of the trip. I'll smell good though!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I remember old Soho late 1960s early 70s. I also remember the Tom Cribb when it was so packed with people you’d struggle to get in the door let alone get to the bar.
By the 80s and 90s you had to look harder and harder to find old London, but it still survived in small pockets as everything else went more theme parky probably kinda like Florida or Vegas.

Top Bottom