What's new

Another new guy

Hey all,

Just wanted to stop on by and say hello! I've been DE shaving for about 6 months now and have been loving it every step of the way. My current go to razor is the lovely Karve Christopher Bradley in brass with a Polsilver blade.

I still have a long way to go with my shaving technique but I can see improvement with each shave (unless I nick myself and damage my pride a little) and am finally starting to get those awesome close shaves I've been looking for.

So far my favorite thing about getting into wet shaving has been discovering all the awesome smelling soaps (42 by B&M is the current go to) and the morning ritual aspect of shaving, which has become weirdly addictive and rather relaxing but hey at least it's a constructive thing! Also just learning about general skincare has really helped clear up my face.

That's all for now. Look forward to talking with you all in the forum!

-Dan

Welcome, Medicake!

Lots of great folks here. Sounds like you've got things well in hand, but don't be afraid to pop in and ask questions.

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the welcome. I absolutely will have more questions, glad I'm in good company here!

Welcome to B&B, Dan. What plate do you use in your razor? The razor and blade you picked are a nice combo.

Hi Jim!

Right now I'm rocking a solid bar plate C, I currently have a SB B plate in the mail as well as I've noticed my neck gets a little upset with the daily upkeep, so I'm hoping something a little milder will be the solution.

Hey Ted,

Thanks for the welcome. Agreed, it's great being able to wake up, throw on a podcast or some music and just go through the motions of shaving!

Welcome to B&B. Glad to hear you like your Karve. Ive just bought one from another forum member. A 3 inch brass SB with a C plate. Not sure which other plates I may want, if any. RAD is a terrible disorder.

Welcome to B&B. Glad to hear you like your Karve. Ive just bought one from another forum member. A 3 inch brass SB with a C plate. Not sure which other plates I may want, if any. RAD is a terrible disorder.

Haha! totally get it. Thankfully the karve has slowed my RAD for a little bit now. Right now I just want to try all the soaps!

Top Bottom